Security Installer Community

Texecom

ScottLewis

Hello,

I am looking for a little help! Attached is a wiring diagram from some shock sensors and magnetic contacts I have at the back of the house.

All, as you can see are joined and, one zone 1 and zone2 are connected the CP two wires remain, a black and a blue.

Can you tell me if they are Tamper wires, I believe they are.

Also, I have a Premier 24 panel and the option to use zone 10 (a spare zone) as a tamper. If I were to do this and connect the blue & Black to zone 10, set zone 10 up as tamper can you confirm for the premier panel what wiring option i should use, NC, NO or EOL? I have tried this prior but the panel comes up, Zone 10 Tamper when, well its not been tampered with. I have spoke to Texecom and they believe it maybe something to do with the wiring option, hence me asking for help. At the moment I have taken the tamper loop from the 24 CP and wired the blue and black to that, works a treat but then I worry the other zones aren't tamper proof?

Also, has anyone any useful tips on the part arm, I have followed the manual from cover to cover but zone 7 (which I have set attributes 1 as part 1 omit and switched the zone off) keeps triggering? Has anyone come across this?

Scott Lewis

post-17057-1207923783_thumb.jpg

Hi Scott:

As your diagramme does not appear to show any resistors then it would appear that your system uses the NC option. If this is the case where are the tampers for your other detection circuits connected? You would normally connect your new tamper wires in series with these.

Regards: Andy@Amman Security. :ninja:

Customers Love us, Intruders Hate us.

Hi Scott:

As your diagramme does not appear to show any resistors then it would appear that your system uses the NC option. If this is the case where are the tampers for your other detection circuits connected? You would normally connect your new tamper wires in series with these.

Regards: Andy@Amman Security. :ninja:

Hi Andy,

Interesting post, there is for sure no resistors anywhere, I have checked... The shocks are Aritech GS600 (I think) very bog standard however, I played around with them yesterday and when I unscrewed them they went into tamper... God knows how the wiring is working but there is a almost like a stick on the back of the cover which slots into a tiny hole and pushes a piece of metal. I believe that when the cover is turned off, and the stick comes out the hole so to speak it loses contact hence causing the tamper alarm...?

They seem to work fine however I don

yep, i remember those, sometimes a pain to set up. OP, did you buy these shocks or are you doing panel upgrade?

I remember these also, came along some not long back, i ripped the analyser board out and replaced them! They had a rail in side with a bearing sitting on the rail, If you banged the shock the bearing lifted of causing the open circuit! Better to replace them and the cables now while your doning the upgrade than have them go down on you in another year or so!

My Name is Iain

iStorm Security Solutions

Hi Andy,

Interesting post, there is for sure no resistors anywhere, I have checked... The shocks are Aritech GS600 (I think) very bog standard however, I played around with them yesterday and when I unscrewed them they went into tamper... God knows how the wiring is working but there is a almost like a stick on the back of the cover which slots into a tiny hole and pushes a piece of metal. I believe that when the cover is turned off, and the stick comes out the hole so to speak it loses contact hence causing the tamper alarm...?

They seem to work fine however I don

Customers Love us, Intruders Hate us.

Archived