Security Installer Community

Advice On Connecting Zoom Cam To Ds2a

kuchars22

I was wondering if someone can give me advice on connecting a housed camera with telemetry to my DS2a.

Image one shows the wiring diagram for the camera Vista VZM22EXT. The camera comes with an external remote controller that the GND and Brown connect to.

It supports the following protocols:

post-15314-1207656118_thumb.jpg

Whats the camera id set to and what number camera is it on the DS2, they must be the same.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Whats the camera id set to and what number camera is it on the DS2, they must be the same.

Camera set to 001, there isn't a setting on the DVR. I've spoken to Vista today, they said to select Vista PD on the DVR's serial port, and Norbain 485 on the cam and see if this works - will let you know

Camera set to 001, there isn't a setting on the DVR. I've spoken to Vista today, they said to select Vista PD on the DVR's serial port, and Norbain 485 on the cam and see if this works - will let you know

No, that doesn't work - tried all combinations of protocols from the DVR and camera without luck - any more ideas? If I stuck a multimeter to pins 1 and 9 should there be a voltage increase as I press one of the buttons?

If the camera ID is 001 it must be connected to camera 1 input on the DVR.

One other thing, how are you expecting to control the camera with the DVR? Have you got a keyboard or are you using Netviewer, none of the buttons on the front of the DS2 will control telemetry.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

If the camera ID is 001 it must be connected to camera 1 input on the DVR.

One other thing, how are you expecting to control the camera with the DVR? Have you got a keyboard or are you using Netviewer, none of the buttons on the front of the DS2 will control telemetry.

When using Netviewer or Web viewer. The PTZ controls appear as I select the camera number (5), you select the protocol on the DVR for a particular channel. and this makes the controls visible for that camera. I thought that the camera ID on the camera menu itself was just an ID of the camera, incase you have several of the same make, not any reference to the camera DVR input. It was always on 001 when connected to my previous DVR. I have already tried selecting camera 005 but that didn't work anyway.

Archived