Security Installer Community

Ade Optima Compact Panel

RicherT

imo it's pretty obvious you have misunderstood the basic instructions supplied and tried to run before crawling which when doing something new is usually fatal.

so do as earlier advised, remove all zone cabling and refit the links, then test to see if the panel arms properly, if not resolve this issue 1st.

re-install cables one zone at a time (removing the links one at a time) and test for correct setting at every stage,

regs

alan

Many thanks for your reply Alan,

It's great that novices like myself can call upon experinced guys like yourself and get great advice - thank heavens for the internet.

I always try to follow the instructions very carefully but it in this case they gave no indication of "links" in the manual and the new unit did not have any supplied. Lucky I managed to retreive some links from my old A1 AJ900N before destroying it.

Once again - thanks for the advice

Regs

RicherT

Guest anguscanplay
Taking 1 step at time I had 1 pr of PIR of cables connected WITH the link installed and it worked fine.

Will carry on the same proceedure one zone at a time.

the link just means your bypassing the alarm cable - you need to start again with your connections at both ends

• 4 months later...

Might be a bit late now, but on the optima/accentra panels, if there are no links on the unused zones it will show them as triggered/open circuit on the walk test and beep constantly, even if those zones are ommited from the system via the menu options. HTH.

Archived