Security Installer Community

Scanny 9448

inglishg

I'm in home territory tomorrow, happy1de6.gif Matlock and Bakewell, sheer nirvana compared to the polluted cesspit of Sheffield and surrounding areas

As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless, uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?

The swine, i can feel a lunch coming my way soon now.

trajectory locked and loaded :ninja:

As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless, uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?

Angus

Its not that old it came out in 1991 I think, and the newer models have a ten event log. Now the Castle panels are old, the ones with the toggle switch to isolate the zone if you can remember that far back.

Kev

going that far back Kev - no probs you mere 'upstart' :) ,

i can go back as far as when bakerlite lighting switches were used as 'shunts'. mercury bottles were used on shop windows - yes with real mercury in them as fitted on internal roller shutters - now what would h&s exec make of that today :rolleyes:

even ebony coated coper wire (yes like that found on transformer windings) was used as laced wiring, held with insulated staples and all :fear:

the worse thing though about being my age is filling in insurance proposal forms, so you scroll down to year of birth and i get "to be continued" :(

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

:lol:

i always thought it real funny how some clients, even against the most pearnest and ersuasive advice you can give simply will not budge and upgrade.

in my last employment, i used to visit a wholesalers warehouse for my compny, they also had a showroom a few doors along where the installer had gone under.

this showroom alarm had the biggest bestist control box case i've ever seen liturally 8mm thick steel and completely seem welded like a wall safe, also ad 8 x 3" long very fine threaded allen keys just to get the front off, each had a micro switch on them plus two for the front plate, all this eventually revealed ------ a relay on a pcb and a dry battery :rolleyes: .

to the client it was bee's knee's 'hi tech' and i used to get

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived