Security Installer Community

Scanny 9448

inglishg

What a pain!!

Got a call out a week or so ago after repeated false alarms.

Checks out ok.

Recent battery, good aux power, excellent resistance on alarm and 24hr circuits. Clean pir's etc etc...

But, because there's no event recall facility on this panel, and because the householder "ain't got a clue", I could not be certain what was the cause.

It only triggered when armed, so I've pretty much discounted the tampers and PA circuits (even though they have good resistance), and eventually "diagnosed" a suspect Appolo pir.

I changed the pir...

This evening, I get a call. It's gone off again.

This time, the old dear says the e/e zone was showing. I'll have to go back tomorrow and check this out

So, am I right that this model has no event memory? It's a serious omission if I am right! I presume the 9448+ does have an event memory?

What a pain!!

Got a call out a week or so ago after repeated false alarms.

Checks out ok.

Recent battery, good aux power, excellent resistance on alarm and 24hr circuits. Clean pir's etc etc...

But, because there's no event recall facility on this panel, and because the householder "ain't got a clue", I could not be certain what was the cause.

It only triggered when armed, so I've pretty much discounted the tampers and PA circuits (even though they have good resistance), and eventually "diagnosed" a suspect Appolo pir.

I changed the pir...

This evening, I get a call. It's gone off again.

This time, the old dear says the e/e zone was showing. I'll have to go back tomorrow and check this out

So, am I right that this model has no event memory? It's a serious omission if I am right! I presume the 9448+ does have an event memory?

Was the system armed when it activated, if it was then change the door contact, the contact may not have opened and s/he may have walked into the access pir and activated it. some contacts get stuck so the access route PIR picks them up and becomes an instant alarm.

As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless, uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?

Guest anguscanplay
So, am I right that this model has no event memory? It's a serious omission if I am right!

behave, that panels older than some of the guys on here, just tell her not to touch it before you get there next time (other than switching it off obviously)

behave, that panels older than some of the guys on here, just tell her not to touch it before you get there next time (other than switching it off obviously)

Meaning: entering the user number only once so it doesn't reset the panel, so you visit the panel in it's silent alarm state showing you the activating cct.

As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless, uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?

Guest anguscanplay
Meaning: entering the user number only once so it doesn't reset the panel, so you visit the panel in it's silent alarm state

oi watch it

LOL

oi watch it

LOL

I would imagine, and I can Imagine quite a bit, that verbal shorthand can get lost in translation claphh2.gif

Roll on the critiques of my last sentence tumbleweedzx1.gif

Guest anguscanplay
I would imagine, and I can Imagine quite a bit, that verbal shorthand can get lost in translation claphh2.gif

Roll on the critiques of my last sentence tumbleweedzx1.gif

you did miss a good lunch today too - yum

you did miss a good lunch today too - yum

Seems to be quite regular for me, to miss lunch 1043420644hq4.gif

Archived