Security Installer Community

Camcorder Use

technics1

Hello All,

My name is Steve, I am based in Mid Wales and I am new to the community .This is my first post, I have picked up a lot of really good information from reading the topics and I am looking forward to learning more from you all.

My question is :- Can a surplus good quality camcorder be made to work with a 16 channel DVR card? Plugged into a monitor av socket it works fine, connected to the card the video breaks up. Can anyone shed any light why this should happen.

Thanks Steve.

Hello All,

My name is Steve, I am based in Mid Wales and I am new to the community .This is my first post, I have picked up a lot of really good information from reading the topics and I am looking forward to learning more from you all.

My question is :- Can a surplus good quality camcorder be made to work with a 16 channel DVR card? Plugged into a monitor av socket it works fine, connected to the card the video breaks up. Can anyone shed any light why this should happen.

Thanks Steve.

Hi and welcome Steve,

your cam corder should output a composite video signal, DVR's are far more 'picky' about a decent quality signal being received than a CRT monitor or Tv scart socket.

a problem you might have is keeping the camera operating for more than a few minutes, as they tend to time out in record mode when not actually recording.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Hi and welcome Steve,

your cam corder should output a composite video signal, DVR's are far more 'picky' about a decent quality signal being received than a CRT monitor or Tv scart socket.

a problem you might have is keeping the camera operating for more than a few minutes, as they tend to time out in record mode when not actually recording.

regs

alan

Hi Alan ,thank you for your reply .Playback timing out does'nt seem a problem as it works as a camera indefinatly. I have 14 cams on my system some wire less and the funny thing is if I connect the camcorder to a wireless transmitter the card will accept a picture although it doe's "tear" at the edges. The reason I would like to use the camcorder is it's not that I'm to tight to buy cameras but it has got such a good spec ! 10X optical zoom low light enhancement ,terrific zoom. I think with a bit of string and sticky plaster I could make a half reasonable PTZ setup.

regs

Steve

Hi Alan ,thank you for your reply .Playback timing out does'nt seem a problem as it works as a camera indefinatly. I have 14 cams on my system some wire less and the funny thing is if I connect the camcorder to a wireless transmitter the card will accept a picture although it doe's "tear" at the edges. The reason I would like to use the camcorder is it's not that I'm to tight to buy cameras but it has got such a good spec ! 10X optical zoom low light enhancement ,terrific zoom. I think with a bit of string and sticky plaster I could make a half reasonable PTZ setup.

regs

Steve

:roflmao:

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

regs

Steve

hi steve,

if it's for yourself and your having some fum then no probs play all you like, but if not i'd recommend just get a ready made ptz.

some years ago when ptz's were fortune, i did fit a clients cam corder to a ptz mount in a nightclub, big VHS unit. it worked ok but not too good in lower light levels

i assume it's internal and tbh cheapy ptz domes are readily available on Ebay in abundance.

regs

alan

hi steve,

if it's for yourself and your having some fum then no probs play all you like, but if not i'd recommend just get a ready made ptz.

some years ago when ptz's were fortune, i did fit a clients cam corder to a ptz mount in a nightclub, big VHS unit. it worked ok but not too good in lower light levels

i assume it's internal and tbh cheapy ptz domes are readily available on Ebay in abundance.

regs

alan

AL please dont mention e-bay it makes me feel queezy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AL please dont mention e-bay it makes me feel queezy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: p,

spec is not for HQ, seems more of a hobby 'adventure', and like a battery drill, a cheapy will do a few holes for that shelf if you mess up a good one - you cry longer

regs

alan

Archived