Security Installer Community

Scal Bluetooth Headset

arfur mo

hi guys

i'm not advocating using one of these all the time, but if you ride a bike then like me you always get a call just as you pulling away, so you stop grapple phone out of pocket with gloves on, press answer and shout "wait a minute" at the phone while you rip off the helmet and gloves. or your in traffic and darn thing keeps ringing due to some berk not realising your not available at the moment.

you could simply turn it off and check voice mail, i travel about 40 miles into london, so don't want to do that and find i had a call cancelling the visit.

so i bought a scala 'easy rider' blue tooth crash helmet hands free, and just got to say it works absolutely brilliantly. i use one of those 'flip front' helmets and it sits nicely on the faceplate. mind you, i did get stuck inside it when i first tested the kit, as it caused it to misalign with the lock and jam :rolleyes: . i had visions of a fire engine at the front door and the 'jaws of life' being used to remove the helmet.

has auto volume increase when the background is noisy, trust me with my bike's 1100cc V twin engine and straight through pipe's thats every time i roll the throttle :lol:.

also voice dial by touching the large button depending on handset, and call answer by voice command, on receiving a call by saying "YES" (or anything else) loudly auto answers it.

a really excellent bit of kit.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

hi guys

i'm not advocating using one of these all the time, but if you ride a bike then like me you always get a call just as you pulling away, so you stop grapple phone out of pocket with gloves on, press answer and shout "wait a minute" at the phone while you rip off the helmet and gloves. or your in traffic and darn thing keeps ringing due to some berk not realising your not available at the moment.

you could simply turn it off and check voice mail, i travel about 40 miles into london, so don't want to do that and find i had a call cancelling the visit.

so i bought a scala 'easy rider' blue tooth crash helmet hands free, and just got to say it works absolutely brilliantly. i use one of those 'flip front' helmets and it sits nicely on the faceplate. mind you, i did get stuck inside it when i first tested the kit, as it caused it to misalign with the lock and jam :rolleyes: . i had visions of a fire engine at the front door and the 'jaws of life' being used to remove the helmet.

has auto volume increase when the background is noisy, trust me with my bike's 1100cc V twin engine and straight through pipe's thats every time i roll the throttle :lol:.

also voice dial by touching the large button depending on handset, and call answer by voice command, on receiving a call by saying "YES" (or anything else) loudly auto answers it.

a really excellent bit of kit.

regs

alan

I used to have one of these with a tom tom rider, now I have a Viper rs101 flip front lid with built in bluetooth. And you can play tunes from your phone through it as well...

If at first you don't succeed...don't try skydiving!

I used to have one of these with a tom tom rider, now I have a Viper rs101 flip front lid with built in bluetooth. And you can play tunes from your phone through it as well...

i looked those lids, but decided a bit too expensive for me, and i might be tempted to keep the lid longer than it is really safe or when it gets scruffy due to the cost.

you can shift the scala from lid to lid fairly easily,so the cost is lower for replacement. no way of hooking in the ipod in i can see, unless it will 'blue tooth' in. the one i have is the earlier single speaker version bought on clearance, later ones i think come with 2 speakers. not tried it as yet to see if tomtom6 'speaks' through it.

regs

alan

i looked those lids, but decided a bit too expensive for me, and i might be tempted to keep the lid longer than it is really safe or when it gets scruffy due to the cost.

you can shift the scala from lid to lid fairly easily,so the cost is lower for replacement. no way of hooking in the ipod in i can see, unless it will 'blue tooth' in. the one i have is the earlier single speaker version bought on clearance, later ones i think come with 2 speakers. not tried it as yet to see if tomtom6 'speaks' through it.

regs

alan

I have an Autocomm, built into my Arai it can also do bike to bike, phone and MP3 player. Absoluotely brilliant bit of kit.

The older I get, the faster I was.

I have an Autocomm, built into my Arai it can also do bike to bike, phone and MP3 player. Absoluotely brilliant bit of kit.

are they not a bit expensive though?

i paid

I went doen through Spain last year to watch the GP and having music was a god send. 700 miles in one day in 36 degree heat was a ball breaker. I wont be wearing one piece leathers next time though.

I went doen through Spain last year to watch the GP and having music was a god send. 700 miles in one day in 36 degree heat was a ball breaker. I wont be wearing one piece leathers next time though.

your lucky you did not have me along, i'm one of the 'balmy army' who are frwoned at because i don't worry about road rash, i'd just be wearing my sandals shorts and a lid (if i had to) thats it - a case freedom of choice not a being a pretty sight :lol:

regs

alan

I have ridden in shorts etc a couple of times, that was untill a bumble bee hit me in the shoulder, when I was making good progress down the local bypass.

The bruising was a lovely purple/yellow and blue. I suit up everytime now.

I have ridden in shorts etc a couple of times, that was untill a bumble bee hit me in the shoulder, when I was making good progress down the local bypass.

The bruising was a lovely purple/yellow and blue. I suit up everytime now.

i had a wasp get down my m/c jacket while i was queuing to pay for fuel, the dance and eventual striptease i did would have made me a star on 'youtube' if i'd done that today :P

mine's a custom cruiser and i don't usually go all that quick, just like to make a lot of noise about going slow on my 'fly catcher',

1st week i had it, i joined the M11 at stanstead, so i drop the visor and rolled the throttle as you do, coming out of the slip road - got smacked straight in the kisser by a wayward pigeon, lucky the visor was down or i'd have been picking my nose out of the back of the helmet.

regs

alan

i had a wasp get down my m/c jacket while i was queuing to pay for fuel, the dance and eventual striptease i did would have made me a star on 'youtube' if i'd done that today :P

mine's a custom cruiser and i don't usually go all that quick, just like to make a lot of noise about going slow on my 'fly catcher',

1st week i had it, i joined the M11 at stanstead, so i drop the visor and rolled the throttle as you do, coming out of the slip road - got smacked straight in the kisser by a wayward pigeon, lucky the visor was down or i'd have been picking my nose out of the back of the helmet.

regs

alan

:D:D:D

Archived