Security Installer Community

Tamper Reset For A Scantronic 9751

slbogie

Help please............I have recently moved into a house which has a Scantronic 9751 alarm system fitted. I am havin damp remdial works done and need to physically move the control panel(9930 LCD Remote Keypad) for my alarm system. I have tried this but it has set off the tamper circuit and the system now needs a K01 Tamper Reset as indicated by the LCD message display. How do I perform this reset??????? I do not want to pay

Help please............I have recently moved into a house which has a Scantronic 9751 alarm system fitted. I am havin damp remdial works done and need to physically move the control panel(9930 LCD Remote Keypad) for my alarm system. I have tried this but it has set off the tamper circuit and the system now needs a K01 Tamper Reset as indicated by the LCD message display. How do I perform this reset??????? I do not want to pay

9751_User_Guide.pdf

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

That means that the Keypad tamper has operated, make sure that it has been put back together correctly then enter your code twice (on / off) that will more than likely solve the problem. No point in getting too technical at this time, let us know how you get on.

I have attached the User Guide for this panel, this fault display K01 is on page 20 shown as > Knn Tamper at keypad nn.

9751_User_Guide.pdf

Thanks for your advice. I tried as you suggested but it will not clear the fault. The spanner symbol led on the keypad is lit permanently! Is there anyway it can be cleared by using the jumpers on the control board?

Thanks for your advice. I tried as you suggested but it will not clear the fault. The spanner symbol led on the keypad is lit permanently! Is there anyway it can be cleared by using the jumpers on the control board?

No, unfortunately you've got to clear the tamper fault at the keypad, (one way or another).

I don't know this keypad I'm afraid so I have no idea of the type of tamper switch, if it has a spring type, slightly stretch it, then try to reset again.

Make sure the keypad is fitted squarely to the wall, sometimes a slight twist in the mounting is enough to give problems.

It's possible the panel is programmed for Engineer reset on tamper, not knowing this panel I can't say any more than that.

Perhaps someone who knows this panel will have more suggestions, hang in there.

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

• 4 weeks later...
No, unfortunately you've got to clear the tamper fault at the keypad, (one way or another).

I don't know this keypad I'm afraid so I have no idea of the type of tamper switch, if it has a spring type, slightly stretch it, then try to reset again.

Make sure the keypad is fitted squarely to the wall, sometimes a slight twist in the mounting is enough to give problems.

It's possible the panel is programmed for Engineer reset on tamper, not knowing this panel I can't say any more than that.

Perhaps someone who knows this panel will have more suggestions, hang in there.

I'm getting there!! I managed after alot of research to get hold of the Install guide for the alarm system. This enabled me to reset the codes using a hard reset by carrying out a system default which all worked ok. I now have the engineer code and user codes reset to the defaults. This has enabled me to perform and engineer reset and and clear the tamper fault.

I now need to move the keypad and extend the cable. Is there a way of doing this without causing the external bell to sound?? Can you put the alarm into maintenance mode while I move the panel?? Also will disconnecting the panel affect the programming/config setup of the system or will it just work after I have reconnected. Advice appreciated. Thanks.

bold text edited by moderator breff as defaulting info is not allowed in public forums

Guest anguscanplay
I now need to move the keypad and extend the cable. Is there a way of doing this without causing the external bell to sound??

just do it with it sounding - its a lot easier than what we would do

• 4 weeks later...
I'm getting there!! I managed after alot of research to get hold of the Install guide for the alarm system. This enabled me to reset the codes using a hard reset by carrying out a system default which all worked ok. I now have the engineer code and user codes reset to the defaults. This has enabled me to perform and engineer reset and and clear the tamper fault.

I now need to move the keypad and extend the cable. Is there a way of doing this without causing the external bell to sound?? Can you put the alarm into maintenance mode while I move the panel?? Also will disconnecting the panel affect the programming/config setup of the system or will it just work after I have reconnected. Advice appreciated. Thanks.

bold text edited by moderator breff as defaulting info is not allowed in public forums

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a similar problem with a Sound Tamper reset - where di you get the installation manual & engineer code for resetting this system??

Your help is greatly appreciated

Rgds

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a similar problem with a Sound Tamper reset - where di you get the installation manual & engineer code for resetting this system??

Your help is greatly appreciated

Rgds

Archived