Security Installer Community

Karizma Plus Pir

m4ttc

I have the Karizma + (id buscuit ?)Installed with 10 points used. It has been in for 4 years or so

Recently, I have been getting false intruder detection on one of the PIRs. Not taper alerts just intruder

Should I just replece the PIR sensor? Any type model etc etc

Any tips \ advice would be appreciated.

Also, is it possible to have a silent entry/start rather than the bleeps??

Thanks

M4TTC

I have the Karizma + (id buscuit ?)Installed with 10 points used. It has been in for 4 years or so

Recently, I have been getting false intruder detection on one of the PIRs. Not taper alerts just intruder

Thanks

M4TTC

4 years doesn't make it old and the Karizma+ with the old iD biscuits was a pretty stable panel.

Do you know what pir's are installed?

Had any workmen, carpet fitters or done any diy recently?

Checked for signs of spiders (they often love lurking behind the pir then coming out and walking all over the lens - sometimes even get inside the pir!) or mice?

4 years doesn't make it old and the Karizma+ with the old iD biscuits was a pretty stable panel.

Do you know what pir's are installed?

Had any workmen, carpet fitters or done any diy recently?

Checked for signs of spiders (they often love lurking behind the pir then coming out and walking all over the lens - sometimes even get inside the pir!) or mice?

inside the PIR?

Eucam Security Systems

0845 4630 746

www.eucam.co.uk

http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/comm...-underlined.png

Underline

Thanks

M4TTC

hi m4ttc

as one of the earliest users (if not the earliest user) of iD, a few pointers before you change the pir.

at 4 years old i'd (iD get it? oh please yourselves) swap out the battery as 1st job.

iD technology is simple but very touchy about intermittent connections, so requires full attention to stable voltage supplies at the panel,. so go back over each connection in every device, junction box and the panel.

swap the detector over with say the spare room, or whatever you decide is the least important detector, run it for a week or so on 'test' (see manual). that will tell you if the new position starts playing up the passive is likely to be duff, if the same area plays up it's likely environmental (like drafts or thermals from heating etc).

if the latter, try setting the detector for more pulses before it activates, or if really troublesome use 'double knock' at the panel on that zone, again refer to manual for suitable usage and advice on how that option affects the system, it will reduce the systems effectiveness somewhat.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived