Security Installer Community

Y3k Cctv

IA76

Hello All

I told this forum is 'the' forum for advice on cctv so here I am! B)

I'm planning a cctv system for my shop and have been looking at equipment from www.y3k.com . Their prices look very reasonable on cctv cameras (xvision branded cams)

What do you think of their products?

TIA

until you've played with tonnes of cameras, you will soon realise you get what you pay for :yes:

Ive got these and the quality is like a camcorder pin-sharp and the build quality is almost milatairy

http://www.henrys.co.uk/cctv/colourcctvircamera.htm

and there very good people to deal with, very fast delivery and always got good offers on :yes: not the cheepest but far from the dearest :hmm:

until you've played with tonnes of cameras, you will soon realise you get what you pay for :yes:

Ive got these and the quality is like a camcorder pin-sharp and the build quality is almost milatairy

and there very good people to deal with, very fast delivery and always got good offers on :yes: not the cheepest but far from the dearest :hmm:

remember stay clear of SYSTEM-Q :banned:

system Q is a member on here buddy and their trade only IIRC ;)

IA76 - why not log onto the screwfixdirect forum, they sell cheap cameras and have a 30 day no quibble returns policy.

IIRC there is a chap on their forum from essex way does CCTV.

C.

trade only, they hide under gimmic's, giving you a password to there site to make you think its speical does'nt work with me, there's nothing on that site you cant get better and cheeper elsewhere and not trying hard either, there dear VERY DEAR, and it is my view, they dont treat there customers right. and there quality lack's (micky mouse)

:rolleyes: your own peril

errrr i would'nt recommend hennries for nothing, I dont own hennries and theres nothing init for me so its unbaised :yes:

Hi IA76

As you can tell from the reponses to your post, most of the people who have responded are more than likely installers. I'm surprised non of the trade members have said to contact them direct so they can specify a suitable system for you.

If you want a cheap system there are plenty of sources, maplin, B & Q etc... that may give a decent image but thats it, you wont get high functionality or high quality from these types of places.

A system suited for your shop can only be designed whilst somebody is there to review what you want from it, what the cameras will be looking at etc...

To give you an example, you may get a B & Q one camera system that plugs into a standard TV for less than

Kind regards

Stuart Onley

SAMS Consultancy

Independent Security Consultants

email:enquiries@samsconsultancy.co.uk

Hi IA76

As you can tell from the reponses to your post, most of the people who have responded are more than likely installers. I'm surprised non of the trade members have said to contact them direct so they can specify a suitable system for you.

If you want a cheap system there are plenty of sources, maplin, B & Q etc... that may give a decent image but thats it, you wont get high functionality or high quality from these types of places.

A system suited for your shop can only be designed whilst somebody is there to review what you want from it, what the cameras will be looking at etc...

To give you an example, you may get a B & Q one camera system that plugs into a standard TV for less than

Hi ICEBear

Every manufacturer/distributor has good and not as good products, usually reflected in specification and price.

I would suggest in future that if you have an issue with a specific product or brand, you take it up with manufacturer/distributor and not on forums such as this. What one person finds bad, other find good and therefore its a matter of opinion.

I have every respect for fellow manufacturers/distributors within this market place and hence any reservations I may have regarding products will be kept to myself. Well said PeterR.

Regards, a competitor. B)

Kind regards

Stuart Onley

SAMS Consultancy

Independent Security Consultants

email:enquiries@samsconsultancy.co.uk

Hi.

Can I please have your Company Name and post code so I can look up what your grievance is about?

cheers,

Paul.

System Q Ltd.

they not too bad, :!: there super-greedy very poor quality and wrap you in red tape when it come to returning someing.

eBay my friend :yes:

Comments like these are not constructive, if you had a particular experience then share that, its not a good idea to brand bash. I cant imagine you are an installer, as an installer I am open to looking at any brand. I have used X-Vision many times and have been very have with the cost to quality ratio, they also have a good warrenty procedure so Im not sure where your annoyance is coming from. As I say I use many brands. What Id recommend to the initial poster is to either contact a cctv engineer and worse case get a free quaote and some free advice, if you do it yourself then best of luck. X-vision or apc concepts all offer products that work well in the situation they are designed for. CCTV is not rocket science and to be honest is at times a lot easier than other systems I install but what you pay for when you get an installer in is his experience, product knowlegde, back up service, warrenty, insurance and sometimes most importantly he has all the right tools for the job. CCTV is expensive if you make a mistake so take your time and dont get too tied up in spec. A camera that says it has a 550tvl 30m IR and is weather proof may have that spec on paper but in reality it can be lower so just be carefull of bling bling CCTV tech speak. Its the only industry Ive been in that is like a school yard fight, mines better than yours cause it has super duper sony CCD and yours only has super!!!!!

Anyways best of luck, feel free to contact the forum again for more constructive responces than the first few.

Eoghan O'Flaherty

Fusion Networks

Southern Ireland

info@fusionnetworks.ie

VOICE VIDEO DATA NETWORKS

Archived