Security Installer Community

Vxm4 Backup Player

justin

Hi people.

Has anyone had any problems with the videcon VXM4 DVR backup player software? I've got quite alot of these installed and think they are a great machine. Most of them that are on networks are running XP and give me no problems. As some customers are now buying PC's with Vista OS I've found the backup player won't work. The programme opens ok but seems unable to decode the video file. I will speak to tech next week but you know how these things bug you and I don't get much sleep as it is.

Justin

ive had exactly the same problem mate, videcon do now about it and i was told they are bringing a patch out for vista but this was november last year check there website for an update or if not give them a call and ask to speak to ian farr he is there main tech man,

regards,

greg

Well Gentleman

The copy of RemoteAgent I use for my DVR's (which is very similar to the Videcon Concept Pro) works fine in Windows Vista Home Edition. I have no way of testing other Vista version but I would gather if it works on the Basic Home edition, the other version will be compatible.

I have just tested my software connecting to Videcon's demo DVR via the internet. It works well. The Backup Player works fine as well. If you need a copy, email me but be aware that it is 6Meg compressed.

If you want to contact Videocon directly click the link below:

Videcon Website

Kind regards

Stuart Onley

SAMS Consultancy

Independent Security Consultants

email:enquiries@samsconsultancy.co.uk

ive had exactly the same problem mate, videcon do now about it and i was told they are bringing a patch out for vista but this was november last year check there website for an update or if not give them a call and ask to speak to ian farr he is there main tech man,

regards,

greg

cheers Greg. I'll stop messing around with it now and check on that patch tomorrow.

Archived