Security Installer Community

Dome Camera Reflections

bobwells

Installed a dome camera sideways on a wall outside and it's fine. The only trouble is that in the late evening when the sun's very low, it just catches it at an angle and the reflection affects the picture for about 20 minutes.

I can't really move it because it's on the wall going down the steps to a basement flat and they want to see faces rather than the top of heads.

any hints or tips for cutting down relections on domes?

hi,

if the reflection is from another surface could be ricky unless you can reposition. if the problem is off the dome's construction perhaps fashion a sunshade out of something like black gutter, failing that you could you swap it out for a bracketed small camera.

hard to say for sure witout seeing the location, can you post any phone pics of location and amy images frokm the camera?

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

how longs it been doing it ?

It's not been up long and it didn't show up in all the bad weather. Not until the sun came back and just as it's going below the horizon. It's a fine picture at all other times.

Upon reflection (pardon the pun) It's a daft question really. I was just hoping that somebody would say: 'Yes you just spray it with ? ? ?' or something.

It's not been up long and it didn't show up in all the bad weather. Not until the sun came back and just as it's going below the horizon. It's a fine picture at all other times.

Upon reflection (pardon the pun) It's a daft question really. I was just hoping that somebody would say: 'Yes you just spray it with ? ? ?' or something.

far easier than all that guff,

just claim 'an act of god beyond your practical control' and it don't get covered by the warranty :whistle:

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Have had good results on using heavy tinted film on the dome covers, use a heat gun to help soften it, got a guy from a tint company to do 6 for me.

Had no choice on 1 install where another company had done 1st fix and had put very little thought into siteing and customer requirements but was all a bit late when building was finished beyond re-routing cables

Archived