Security Installer Community

Led Security Lights

Drahcir

someone's been trying to sell me LED lighting for security because apparently the colour rendering is really good - ie. Rather than being able to see if someone is wearing a 'dark' coat, you can see exactly what colour it is. They've also told me that it can be switched on and off instantly like a halogen using a pyro but only uses 35w for the same light output as a 150w halogen and is low voltage (24v) meaning i can use very light weight wiring.

Frankly, this sounds too good to be true to me. :(

Has anybody here used this kind of lighting before? If so, was it any good?

someone's been trying to sell me LED lighting for security because apparently the colour rendering is really good - ie. Rather than being able to see if someone is wearing a 'dark' coat, you can see exactly what colour it is. They've also told me that it can be switched on and off instantly like a halogen using a pyro but only uses 35w for the same light output as a 150w halogen and is low voltage (24v) meaning i can use very light weight wiring.

Its true led is the future.

i don't know if all the claims ring true, i've used 2 x high power led units with good effect, but can't say ot improved object colour. the requirement was for IR, these units cost

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay

for cameras or just "lighting.."?

for cameras or just "lighting.."?

i'm as assuming for CCTv, due to reference to rendering and seeing colour :unsure: .

btw hows the googling coming along? while they are at it (the sproggs) could they please find anything on the dangerous practice of using neon screwdrivers please - cheers your a pal :) )

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived