Security Installer Community

Can Someone Recommend A Cctv System

badadd

Hello and what a great forum you people have.

I need a good QUALITY CCTV system for the outside of our house. I would like some recomendations is possible as I think I will need a few cameras. I would like the front back and possibly sides covered of our house. I also have a large games cabin in the back garden that I would like monitored. Im hopinf as our drive is small that if we have a cctv at the front of our house it will cover the 3 cars on the drive. Ill now explain some more about the house and cabin.

House:

//.Large National Installer.// alarm *sigh* has given me a lot of trouble.

Detached

2 Floors

Driveway with 3 cars

other houses close by either side approx 2 meters either side.

gate to back garden at the right of the house.

no automatic / sensor lighting at the front of house

1 automatic / sensor lighting in the back garden that picks up any movement near the cabin.

Cabin:

Wooden cabin approx 10 metres away from house in back garden

cabin is approx 10 meteres by 6 meters.

at the back of cabin are more houses, very close

there is an alley in between the houses at the back of the cabin

On top of the above, Id like somthing small in the cabbin itself, maybe wireless? Ive read on your forums wireless system arent that great but this wouldnt need to be fantastic quality.

I realise my descriptions arent great :cry: , I CAN take pictures, but im not sure if thats allowed or weather its advertising for theifs!!

Im after a good top system, I dont want //.Large National Installer.// to do it for me as our alarm gives us a lot of hassle and im not impressed with there aftersales / servicing and i know i could probably get a better system elsewhere.

Thanks guys.

hi badadd,

to be honest, if i asked you to specify a good quality car for me - could you?

i often say to clients just sign the cheque and leave me to fill it in - and some have (but it later bounced ;) ).

there is such a vast array of kit to choose from and at differing costs, anyone considering themselves as a pro will need to at least carry out a site visit in order to discus your actual needs, in order to tailor the price to somewhere within your budget. the quote is usually free so why not ask?.

your listed as 'South East', post your town/city and i'm sure any installer/s who cover your area will make themselves known.

personally, i'm a small long established installer who does not advertise anywhere or have a web site so my clients have to find me, been that way for 27 odd years now.

i'm based in Wickford, Essex, and cover Essex, Kent, Sussex, Cambs. Suffolk and M25 + 30 miles. please pm me if you would like to talk in person further.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

ive had many pm's and am greatfull for them all.

ive deducted only a few more things in my search for a cctv system

1) im going to need additional lighting in front and back of house to help the cctv systems see as night ones wont see far enough.

2) i want the 3rd camera actually in the cabin.

3) the guys at www.rfconcepts.co.uk have been fantastic, anyone used them before?

4) someone has said go for a newlec dvr kit with 4 cameras and 160gb hdd inbcluding wiring i can get at trade price for around

ive had many pm's and am greatfull for them all.

ive deducted only a few more things in my search for a cctv system

1) im going to need additional lighting in front and back of house to help the cctv systems see as night ones wont see far enough.

2) i want the 3rd camera actually in the cabin.

3) the guys at www.rfconcepts.co.uk have been fantastic, anyone used them before?

4) someone has said go for a newlec dvr kit with 4 cameras and 160gb hdd inbcluding wiring i can get at trade price for around

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

hi badadd,

1) cheapest way to add lighting is with auto-floods, you need to consider your neighbours in this as lighting you garden to premiership football standards my impress you and your mates, but to have a neighbours being turned in to a 2 am solarium will be far less impressive to them.

2) go for it

3) always good to hear positive comments on suppliers

4) horses for courses like cars, it's what suits you personally and your budget, how long do you want to record for, at what quality, ease of use, reliability. you not looking 'high - end' at that price, so might be ok but don't expect the earth in features.

5) how can we comment? i suggest you do the sums, assuming kit is bought new =

ext ir camera's 2 x

hi,

regarding how far a camera will 'see' at night depends on factors like how much reflective background to bounce the light source back, and any ambient lighting is available.

be aware that although i specific range is quoted on a 3.6mm wide angle camera, when using built in illumination say at 6m, often it only lights up the center area of the view at the farthest point. the ir's will also attract spiders due to the warmth and cast webs, so you get see a wonderful close-up of it's backside.

doing the sums -:

Archived