Security Installer Community

Galaxy G2 44

Dabsbhatti

Galaxy2 44 with G2 RF portal (No RIO's Installed)

The current setup has used all 12 zones used (some wireless and some wired). In order to expand the system to add a couple more wireless sensors do I just need to add a standard RIO (part C072)? I think I'm right in saying the RF portal only receives signals and does no processing so I don't think I need to do anything with that.

My only concern with the above setup is that I'm using only 1 wireless receiver and some of the new devices may be quite far away. I could get a 2nd RF portal to increase range and standard RIO to increase zones but would that be an extra expense for no reason? I've seen a RF RIO (Part C076) but I'm not sure this is what I need as I think that receiver is only for 5800 series compatible devices and will not be any use to existing v2 Domonial sensors. Or is that incorrect? Is there a RF RIO for Domonial sensors or am I completey barking up the wrong tree here.

G2-44 will take 44 zones, 12 onboard + wired zones on standard RIO or 1-44 on RFPortal (2 will giver better range).

New series equipment may need a new series RFPortal - not all work without specific programming depending on new or old series.

So just to be clear on this. If I wanted to increase just wireless zones I don't need to add standard wired RIO. When I go through setup on RF options menu I should be able to theoretically setup 44 wireless zones. The only reason I ask is I've seen on //.Large National Installer.// g2-12 it only goes to 12 zones total and not possible to add RIO. So when going through RF options menu it only lets you setup 12 zones, but if I had a G2-44 and RF portal I should be able to theoretically setup 44 wireless zones (having just the control panel+ RF portal and no extra RIO's added).

So just to be clear on this...... if I had a G2-44 and RF portal I should be able to theoretically setup 44 wireless zones (having just the control panel+ RF portal and no extra RIO's added).

Yes, standard RIO's are only required for wired zones and the onboard zones can be programmed as wired or wireless.

i might be wrong but i thought the g2-44 would only take one RF portal but as i said i might be wrong.

TVX systems what a good idea by the time the picture had downloaded the intruder would have been long gone.
SFE.Solutions security systems

G2's will take two RF Portals.

Anyone know the difference between RF portal C077 and new C079. Is it just that C079 supports Honeywell alpha potocol?

(Yes I know the part numbers are different, before I get any wisecracks :P;)). Anybody know where I can get one or got one to flog.

Thanks

• 2 months later...
Anyone know the difference between RF portal C077 and new C079. Is it just that C079 supports Honeywell alpha potocol?

(Yes I know the part numbers are different, before I get any wisecracks :P;)). Anybody know where I can get one or got one to flog.

Thanks

Yeah the C079 is the RF Portal that is dual protocal so will support Alpha and V2, unlike the old C077 which was V2 only.

• 10 months later...

Archived