Security Installer Community

Honeywell Alarms

heathelect

can anyone help ? a customer of mine has moved into a new shop, she has the code to set and unset her alarm, but needs the master code to switch on the chime facility,(apparently), the previous owner will not give her these.we also need an installation manual, we only have user instuctions.

i am not up to date with this panel as most of my work is electrical installation, so any help would be appreciated, even if someone local in stoke can come and

put it right for her, The panel is a Honeywell accord.

regards dave

Chime

Any zone can be programmed to give a chime (2 beeps from the keypad and

2 beeps from the internal sounder) whenever it is opened (activated).

1. Enter your 4 digit user code.

2. Press key 9.

3. Enter the zone number(s) that you wish to set for chime.

4. Press the star (*) key.

if I remember correctly any code will turn chime on...

Obtaining the master code may be dificult but you could ask the previous subscriber to change it to 1234 for example

Remember that the customer's system security is currently compromised and not changing the code may invalidate the customer's insurance! Has your customer changed the locks yet?

TSS

Communication is "A question asked, and an Opinion given." I offer mine to help you with yours.

Statements I make are my personal views only at the time they are posted, if I offend you sorry, must be taken in context and do not neccesarily represent those of my employer.

when i worked for them the client did not always own the control or detection equipment, only the cabling. if the external siren was black back case then it was an outright sale

i had many a 'discussion' with new owners who had paid an amount to keep the alarm only to find out the outgoing owner did not own it :rolleyes: . this was not usually any deliberate fraud, but simply not realising or reading the contract properly when they had it installed.

was a long while ago and things most likely have changed, but they need to find out for sure who owns it before you do anything is my advice, and i'd recommend you keep this in mind when taking over or replacing any systems, as if you dump the gear your client could be asked to compensate the alarm company at some stage, and your client might claim you should have advised them of it and then ask you pay.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

• 1 month later...

Archived