Security Installer Community

Q On Eurosec Cpx, Second Rkp? Or A Pa?

L81ker

Hi Everyone,

thanks for all your help, I've searched and 'self-helped' so far from your great forums, but now I've come to a sticking point.

I've just moved into a new house that was pre-wired, but extended. After a bit of research, I ordered a CPX because of the vo-comm dialler. I've fitted 5 bosch blue line PIR's, a front door contact switch, radio receiver and one wireless PIR in the extension. The bellbox is from Maplin/Lyntek. The RKP is installed by the front door, with an external tag reader in the UPVC door frame. (House just went out of house builders warranty, and the door etc is out of warranty).

Everything works, and I've silent tested everything for a week before fitting the bellbox yesterday.

The only room left to add into the system is the master bedroom. There's the wires, right by our headboard-- just where our 2 year old loves to mess and press buttons!

For this reason, I'm thinking of putting a second RKP in the master room - the keypad cover will close it from prying eyes and fingers, and let my wife be a bit more secure when I'm travelling overseas.

Here's the nub then - I assume the second RKP would be parallel (in the same terminals of the control panel) to the first RKP, and take power from either that terminal or the aux power. If I'm incorrect, please put me right!

1. Do I need the 680 ohm resister on the second RKP?

2. If I use the contour keypad as the second RKP, I can use a G-Tag to part set the system, right?

3. Can I set the second RKP so the back lights go out, but still have the first one with back lights on?

cheers, and kind regards

Clive.

(MIET)

Here's the nub then - I assume the second RKP would be parallel (in the same terminals of the control panel) to the first RKP, and take power from either that terminal or the aux power. If I'm incorrect, please put me right!

1. Do I need the 680 ohm resister on the second RKP?

2. If I use the contour keypad as the second RKP, I can use a G-Tag to part set the system, right?

3. Can I set the second RKP so the back lights go out, but still have the first one with back lights on?

cheers, and kind regards

Clive.

(MIET)

Hello,

1. you need to remove the 680 ohm res from the keypad nearest to the main panel and fit one in the rkp furthest away, but to be honest in a house with short runs it won't matter to much which way round you do it.

2. The contour rkp is not compatible with the cpx, it only works on the gardtec 593 upwards.

3. No i don't think so, but if you buy another eurosec cpx style rkp the LED's shouldn't bother you as the cover 'covers' most of it.

Great, thanks, that resolves all my Q!

Once its all done and running, I'll update this post (and let you know if I had any probs).

Especially thanks for the note about moving the 680 ohm resistor, the bedroom is about 3 times the wire distance away from the control panel than the entrance way one.

Kind regards

Clive.

• 2 weeks later...

Second RKP arrived today (courtesy of eBay..) installed and working fine.

Thanks for the assistance once more.

I'm a radio ham, and haven't got an aerial up yet. I'll let you all know in the 'wireless' feedback how the wireless PIR and receiver get along with 100 watts of RF at HF 'up em'!

cheers

L81ker

bit late i know, but you could have used a radio key phobe.(receiver already in for pir)

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Hi Kevin

Yup, I looked that way - but because of our 2 year old (he grabs our car keys and presses all the alarm fob buttons) I decided not to go that route! The second RKP is ideal, because of the cover it hasn't got his attention.

I do like the wireless a lot, it gives a lot of flexibility to the system with the hardwire making everything secure at the house first, and the wireless being able to add zones that can be configured as just chimes or alerts. Smokes, glass break (conservatory) and flood sensors are all viable without the missus going bonkers about the wires. The batteries are regular camera type lithium cells, and last about 3 years - although I want to see how the cold will affect them in the shed/garage etc first.

For example once get the garden shed in, a wireless door contact configured as a secondary zone in the cpx will alert us if something funny is going on without setting the bells off if someone's in there nicking my spare flower pots... or its just a bird nesting inside...

I'll get my ham antenna up and try things first before adding any more wireless sensors. (More wires.... the missus... some delay expected!)

cheers

Clive.

Archived