Security Installer Community

Texecom Sounder Strobe Fault

minime

Help !!!!!!!!!

My alarm threw a wobbler at 2am, whilst half cut!

The external sounder strobe was making some strange sounds, contected the installing company who advised that the cold weather has made my sounder faulty and was advised to disconnect the mains plus battery tostop this, not telling me that it would set the alarm off for 15mins!

Is it faulty or is it just a simple fault like the battery in the sounder faulty.

Please help soon as I have been tld bty the engineer that they won't be out until the end of next week and it could cost

Guest anguscanplay

I`ve never agreed with letting alarms get drunk

yes it`s a fault, but it could be one of a hundred things, I take it you`r not on any form of service agreement so theres still time to get a second firm to come out and get the system working (probably cost a similar amount but at least you can eat your turkey without worrying) before Christmas.

I`ve never agreed with letting alarms get drunk

yes it`s a fault, but it could be one of a hundred things, I take it you`r not on any form of service agreement so theres still time to get a second firm to come out and get the system working (probably cost a similar amount but at least you can eat your turkey without worrying) before Christmas.

I have noticed that the LED's on the box have been flashing faster than usual over the past few weeks. Does this help any

Do you have one of these? The LED's tend to go faster on their own accord after a few years, it's not indicative of any problems as such. You probably have an intermittant tamper fault on the bell box.

belle.jpg

this bell box is a pyronix belle,, not a texacom ??

Found the install manual on the web, this says that fast flashing LED's indicate Hold off on but will clear after 2 mins????????????

On Texecom bell boxes they have an engineer mode, which allows the person not to get an ear full of sound when they need to say change the backup battery. The LEDs flash fast when the tamper circuit has been closed to indicate that it

Archived