Security Installer Community

3 Panic Buttons

sven

ENGINEERS CAN YOU HELP,i HAVE ONE CIRCUIT LEFT ON A SCAN 9651 TO PUT 3 PA BUTTONS ON USING 2K2 AND 4K7 EOL RESISTORS AND CANT SEEM TO GET IT WORKING.

I KNOW I PROBABLY GOT SOMETHING MIXED UP BUT NEED TO BE PUT IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.

THANKS

SVEN

are you wiring from pa to pa or do all the pa's come back to the main panel on their own wires

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

What has this got to do with the Question. Please stick to what the member is asking

I saw Angus had replied to this question in the correct way but it seems to have been deleted......

Better delete the question if you don't want it answered....... :P

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Guest anguscanplay
What has this got to do with the Question. Please stick to what the member is asking

okay I`ll post again

it has everything to do with answering the question -

if its for yourself just put the resistors in the panel

if its for a customer you need to use a third wire to carry the circuit round and allow the resistors to be fitted at the end of line

okay I`ll post again

if its for a customer you need to use a third wire to carry the circuit round and allow the resistors to be fitted at the end of line

I`ll refrain from having a dig (that privaledge is reserved for the Mods)

:Whip:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

okay I`ll post again

Must admit to being curious - third wire?

if you have wired from c/u to !st PA and then to 2nd and then to 3rd you just connect up in parallel using two wires put alarm resistor in parallel to PA contact in No's 1 and two and and similarly in No. 3 you put said alarm resistor in parellel and then the EOL in series.

If any One PA is pressed the panel see EOL + alarm resistor(s).

You would do it simarly if wiring is wired in seperate wires back to c/u or you could (doing it like a cowboy) put alarm resistors etc in c/u but that is not good practice.

If the original poster wants a diagram i,m sure somebody knows how to put one here

p

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

Must admit to being curious - third wire?

if you have wired from c/u to !st PA and then to 2nd and then to 3rd you just connect up in parallel ? using two wires put alarm resistor in parallel to PA contact in No's 1 and two and and similarly in No. 3 you put said alarm resistor in parellel and then the EOL in series.

If any One PA is pressed the panel see EOL + alarm resistor(s).

You would do it simarly if wiring is wired in seperate wires back to c/u or you could (doing it like a cowboy) put alarm resistors etc in c/u but that is not good practice.

If the original poster wants a diagram i,m sure somebody knows how to put one here

p

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Archived