Security Installer Community

Access Control

aleksandras1234

Hello, I have a question about access control:

There is a building with 4 access points - with

"Paradox Security" card readers CR-R880-BL.

(and

There are 30 proximity cards "programmed"

to these readers.

Is it possible to instal other readers (for example

"Rosslare" or "HID"or other) in one remote company building

(3 access points) so that it would be possible to

programm present cards to this new system?

(both systems will be independent, access

monitoring data unnecessary, just for opening door).

Thank you.

Hi there

The only way you will find this out is by taking a sample card or 2 and sending them to HID or Rosslare for testing.

I generally take a sample card and flash it in front of a HID reader. If it blinks, there is a good chance it can be made to work.

I looked this equipment up and it seems to come from North America so there is a good chance it is an OEM version of a HID card.

Good luck.

Mike

I agree, it comes down to whether A, the reader can read it, and B, can the controller understand it?

Many years ago we had readers that "read" the card, regardless of the length on data on it i.e. Wiegand (the format of the cards in question) came in 8,16,24,26,32,56 bits (let alone the encrypted versions) and sent that info to the controller, and then could the intelligence of the controller to do something with it?

This was provided the card had some sort of standard of encoding to it.

I would get a handful (at least 12) of cards and send them to a manufacturer for testing (with, possibly, a reader) This many is required due to the Start and End Parity (part of the encoding formula required to ensure the info written to the card is correct) that they are programmed with.

Try Paxton Access.

Ahh the good old days... (its a lot easier now)

Good Luck

I agree, it comes down to whether A, the reader can read it, and B, can the controller understand it?

Many years ago we had readers that "read" the card, regardless of the length on data on it i.e. Wiegand (the format of the cards in question) came in 8,16,24,26,32,56 bits (let alone the encrypted versions) and sent that info to the controller, and then could the intelligence of the controller to do something with it?

This was provided the card had some sort of standard of encoding to it.

I would get a handful (at least 12) of cards and send them to a manufacturer for testing (with, possibly, a reader) This many is required due to the Start and End Parity (part of the encoding formula required to ensure the info written to the card is correct) that they are programmed with.

Try Paxton Access.

Ahh the good old days... (its a lot easier now)

Good Luck

try inner range you can set the reader ports to read end bit data (raw data)from any cards. Have it installed on one site which has multiple clients all with different site codes and bit ranges also one has corperate 1000 cards and all it does is reads the raw data from one hid reader.

TVX systems what a good idea by the time the picture had downloaded the intruder would have been long gone.
SFE.Solutions security systems

Really not worth the effort.

It would be far easier sourcing the same readers you currently have.

IF, and it is a big if, they are HID, they will almost certainly be proprietary format, if so, HID will NOT provide you with the relevant information.

My money is on the EM chip. If so, these too will almost certainly be locked down.

Don't waste your time sending cards to a panel manufacturer, especially in the UK, not really worth their while and carriage costs would be too high.

Just stick to what you have. If it is not possible to source the readers. it would be easier to swap the existing cards and readers for something readily available in your own market.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

Archived