Security Installer Community

How Do I Disable Optima Compact

custardptt

Hi All,

My new house has a optima compact alarm (fitted 1998 according to card with system). It seems to work OK (and the external sounders cheerfully tell the neighbours everytime the power goes off) so I guess it's been maintained at some point although no contract exists (according to previous owners). The original install company no longer seems to exist (although one of the service numbers now points to a different alarm company).

We never really use the alarm and I'd quite like to get rid of it (ugly install anyway) only I'm paranoid about triggering the tamper alarm.

Is there anyway to turn the alarm off altogether so it can be removed. I have the user code

Thanks in advance

Pete

we can`t tell you, you should be able to work it out, if you can`t then your probably not capable of doing the job anyway -

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Hi All,

The alarm is already disarmed and I have the user code, so if I'm planning a burglary surely I'm already most of the way there, unless I was planning on nicking the alarm itself of course! How much does an optima compact fetch second hand anyway?

Assuming I knew how to reset the alarm to default state (which I think I do, but obviously cant ask here), can I power it off and remove the battery from the main unit without triggering the external sounders or do I need a ladder and eardefenders as well?

cheers

Pete

Guest anguscanplay
or do I need a ladder and eardefenders as well?

cheers

Pete

yes - thats how an alarm is supposed to work - why not just get it mended, all it needs is a new battery and a service

Hello, Keep the alarm and get it serviced! You have the user code to reset the panel if you accidentally activate a panic button. Same goes for setting off the tamper.

djrock

Archived