Security Installer Community

Connecting Gardiner Tech Speech Dialler To Optima Compact

bradfordangler

Hi - I am trying to connect a Gardiner Technologies Speech dialler to an ADE optima compact machine.

I have connected +ve and -ve and also the -ve from the bell signal to T3, in the manual is shows the FLT terminal as pointing to the L/F input - I have not connected this to anything on the panel.

When I fire up and try either the user or engineer reset codes - at 88, it seems to be beep then shows the - (hyphen), but then flashes

FS or maybe F5 , PF, oF alternatively ...

I can not find what PF or F5 mean ..

do I need to connect the FLT to the +ve incoming voltage .. as it say on one page when connecting to a certain model of controller to make sure it is disconnected ..

in the manual for the FLT termination it says ...

FLT TB3 (SELV)

This is the fault output and will change state when there is a failure to communicate, a cut telephone line or the supply voltage falls below 9.5v The output is open collector held high through a 47k resistor. The output is normally high going to low on fault.

The FLT terminal also doubles as Data OUT when the dialler is connected to a Gardtec 800 series or gardtec 580.

Dialler Terminal Function

FLT DIN to DOUT

many thanks in advance .

Hi - I am trying to connect a Gardiner Technologies Speech dialler to an ADE optima compact machine.

I have connected +ve and -ve and also the -ve from the bell signal to T3, in the manual is shows the FLT terminal as pointing to the L/F input - I have not connected this to anything on the panel.

When I fire up and try either the user or engineer reset codes - at 88, it seems to be beep then shows the - (hyphen), but then flashes

do I need to connect the FLT to the +ve incoming voltage .. as it say on one page when connecting to a certain model of controller to make sure it is disconnected ..

FLT TB3 (SELV)

This is the fault output and will change state when there is a failure to communicate, a cut telephone line or the supply voltage falls below 9.5v The output is open collector held high through a 47k resistor. The output is normally high going to low on fault.

The FLT terminal also doubles as Data OUT when the dialler is connected to a Gardtec 800 series or gardtec 580.

FLT DIN to DOUT

many thanks in advance .

Power down and connect as follows:

GT dialer ---- optima

(+) ------- AUX + [13v]

(-) ------- AUX - [0v]

trig 3 -------- Bell -

tamper as normal

Power up, don't enter anything untill 'oF' comes up, then type in 'eng code' followed by 'yes'. Now follow the manual to program a common message and phone numbers.

Be sure to program a message on S9 or it won't turn on so to speak.

FLT TB3 (SELV)

FLT DIN to DOUT

many thanks in advance .

oF = The unit MUST have at least one Common Message and one Short Message programmed otherwise the display will flash showing > oF

F5 = Fail to speak

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

only needs a common, will work without a short.

Well, I'm sorry, only quoting what is in the manual, no more no less.

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

nope - tried it still doesn't work.

I have powered it up

I have wired up externally to make sure that the tamper cover isn't causing the issue.

when I fire it up I get the 88 code, I then reset it with the 88

it then goes to it's - (hyphen) for a minute or there abouts and then starts to flash between

F5 oF PF in a loop, it doesn't just flash oF all the time .. does this sound normal ?

the manual gives the impression after a reset, it should flash oF but not the other F5 or PF codes ... is it damaged.

entering the engineer code and yes does nothing .. it just keeps looping round on it's flash sequence

Archived