Security Installer Community

Anpr Cameras

justin

Hi guys,

A little advice if you please. I am to takeover a system that has an anpr camera installed. It will be the first one I have come accross and I am not sure which make or model it is yet but from what I can make out it has no special software for it. Are these cameras often used just as a normal cameras but capturing no. plates in great detail and connected in the same way with no special storaging or data base. By this I meen the dvr or whatever basically just records it and plays back as with other cameras.

In this particular case it is connected to an Adpro fast trace unit and I am not sure if this DVR has any special settings or storage / search facility for an anpr setup.

If an anpr camera is used in access control how does it connect to the software? does it have to be a dedicated pc based system or is it just through some kind of interface or dvr add-on? how would I then get the software to open my barrier?

Is this all done generally through the dvr itself?

Hi guys,

A little advice if you please. I am to takeover a system that has an anpr camera installed. It will be the first one I have come accross and I am not sure which make or model it is yet but from what I can make out it has no special software for it. Are these cameras often used just as a normal cameras but capturing no. plates in great detail and connected in the same way with no special storaging or data base. By this I meen the dvr or whatever basically just records it and plays back as with other cameras.

In this particular case it is connected to an Adpro fast trace unit and I am not sure if this DVR has any special settings or storage / search facility for an anpr setup.

If an anpr camera is used in access control how does it connect to the software? does it have to be a dedicated pc based system or is it just through some kind of interface or dvr add-on? how would I then get the software to open my barrier?

does it look just look like a normal camera in a housing outside?

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Hi guys,

An ANPR camera is designed to capture a number plate in as many lighting conditions as possible the camera must be linked to a data base which allows the captured plate to be searched and recalled to be of most value,it could just be recorded by a dvr but the search time would make the method of ltd use.

If you want to open a barrier you must have software which can decide if a plate is allowed thru the barrier or not and operate an output to the barrier !.

Archived