Security Installer Community

Lg Gdk16 Problem

SteveWright

We have an LG GDK phone system that appears to have failed today. I've removed the covers from it and all the LED's are flickering away okay but all of the handset displays are dead and we're not getting any dial tones. I've tried rebooting the exchange but it is still the same and obviously because there is no display on the phones I can't see what could be wrong.

The phone is on an ISDN link and that is lit up okay, have tried dialing in but get the line error noise.

Just wondered if anyone (Dave) has an ideas or can help out. If so please contact me and I'll give you my mobile number.

Many thanks,

Steve

We have an LG GDK phone system that appears to have failed today. I've removed the covers from it and all the LED's are flickering away okay but all of the handset displays are dead and we're not getting any dial tones. I've tried rebooting the exchange but it is still the same and obviously because there is no display on the phones I can't see what could be wrong.

The phone is on an ISDN link and that is lit up okay, have tried dialing in but get the line error noise.

Just wondered if anyone (Dave) has an ideas or can help out. If so please contact me and I'll give you my mobile number.

Many thanks,

Steve

Looks like you need to default the system i have seen this happen before, before you do that though remove all boards from the system & press the reset button, put the boards back in & press the reset button again.

All the best

Allcomms

www.allcommstelecom.co.uk

Looks like you need to default the system i have seen this happen before, before you do that though remove all boards from the system & press the reset button, put the boards back in & press the reset button again.

All the best

Allcomms

Hi thanks for your idea but that doesn't work. I've just bought a replacement unit off ebay so hopefully that will work!! mind you I will have to try to remember how to program the board back up. Just a thought though - if I swap the eeprom over do you think the settings in there would be retained?

Kind regards,

Steve

make sure the epromif it is from the same software version, i'm not LG trained but as most things they get modified/upgraded a new eprom to suit, so it may not like the wrong version being fitted just possibly cause harm but that imo if it was me i'd say it's worth a go.

you could put your 'new' un-programmed eprom in the old system and then default the old kit to see if it breathes new life into it, there may also be a bios protection battery as found with pc's and PS2's, changing that could help.

whatever you do i recommend you buy a small UPS from say maplins, novatec or rs components, for about

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

make sure the epromif it is from the same software version, i'm not LG trained but as most things they get modified/upgraded a new eprom to suit, so it may not like the wrong version being fitted just possibly cause harm but that imo if it was me i'd say it's worth a go.

you could put your 'new' un-programmed eprom in the old system and then default the old kit to see if it breathes new life into it, there may also be a bios protection battery as found with pc's and PS2's, changing that could help.

whatever you do i recommend you buy a small UPS from say maplins, novatec or rs components, for about

Archived