Security Installer Community

Optima 2 Installation

dennibobs

Hi, my name's Chris and my background is electronics/computing. I recently moved into a house fitted with an optima 2 alarm system. I've so far dealt with the following:- Dead standby battery - this caused a full alarm when I switched off/on the electrics to change a light fitting (exciting moment - wife not pleased). Learnt how to reset to factory and get into engineer state. Discovered that outside bell was not connected to the bell trigger circuit, looked like someone has changed the bell and got creative with the wiring.

Now for my question - the PIR's in the house have a 5th terminal labelled TC. They are all daisy chained together using orange, the landing PIR being different in that it is a smoke detector as well, the orange wire to a terminal marked 'SW + LAT'. A 13V supply is fed to 'Fire Zone'. Down below the orange circuit is terminated in the panel housing in fresh air. I've guessed but not verified that the purpose of the orange circuit is to inhibit the PIR's in case of fire...

I'd like to update the detector to, say, a texecom exodus - does anyone have suggestions about linking it to the fire zone of the optima? Does it need a latch/unlatch signal?

Chris

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now for my question - the PIR's in the house have a 5th terminal labelled TC.

Tamper Circuit?

Usually, if it's a global tamper, a single circuit daisy-chained through all devices and connected to the tamper terminals inside the panel.......

Triggers the alarm if anyone tries to meddle with the wiring. :whistle:

looked like someone has changed the bell and got creative with the wiring.

Given the other oddities mentioned, sounds like it could all be quite "creative".

Unless you have engineers manuals for all the components it sounds like a good time to get a pro in to put it right. :whistle:

Tamper Circuit?

Usually, if it's a global tamper, a single circuit daisy-chained through all devices and connected to the tamper terminals inside the panel.......

Triggers the alarm if anyone tries to meddle with the wiring. :whistle:

The orange circuit is daisy chained to each PIR but not through like the detect or the tamper - in the same way as the +12Volt. Tamper is global throgh all the zones then terminates in the Bell Tamper terminal in the panel.

cheers

Guest anguscanplay
The orange circuit is daisy chained to each PIR but not through like the detect or the tamper - in the same way as the +12Volt. Tamper is global throgh all the zones then terminates in the Bell Tamper terminal in the panel.

cheers

it`s all wrong Sir, all of it, dissconnect the lot and start again - thing that bothers me most is this combined smoke detector / passive infra red detector. You got a model number or similiar to look at?

you really can`t trust this system till youve had it looked at proffesionally

Archived