Security Installer Community

Work Wanted

Its not racisim

Good luck to the guy if he wants to work in the UK.

But I just think he should be able to speak/write and spell english to a certain level before he attempts to work in the UK. I also think he should keep his British pounds in the UK and not send it home to bulgaria. The country is in the state it is because of this? is it not?

If he plans to stay in the UK long term , then fair play.

Maybe this is the wrong forum to be mentioning this in but that day he posted, I had trouble with Polish on site. and it was fresh in my mind.

I cannot see how any statement I make is racisit?? am I knocking a religion?? have i mentioned a colour?

That is nothing short of bigotry.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

Thanks for so lively discussion. I would like to say the next:

About the right to work - I am registered Registration as self-employed ( UTR No, NIno, Yellow certificate), cscs.

About the money - of course I send and I will - I have a family in Bulgaria, but I will pay tax here, in UK

About English - I know that my level is low, but I am learning

About my plans - of course, I will stay here how long is it possible, and I will take my family here

About my qualification - I am electronics and automation engineer ( specialization computer systems and networks);

And at end - I really looking for job in security industry and I will glad to any advice or even offers (excepting about my English).

Thanks for so lively discussion. I would like to say the next:

About the right to work - I am registered Registration as self-employed ( UTR No, NIno, Yellow certificate), cscs.

About the money - of course I send and I will - I have a family in Bulgaria, but I will pay tax here, in UK

About English - I know that my level is low, but I am learning

About my plans - of course, I will stay here how long is it possible, and I will take my family here

About my qualification - I am electronics and automation engineer ( specialization computer systems and networks);

And at end - I really looking for job in security industry and I will glad to any advice or even offers (excepting about my English).

Well said fella.

in my opinion it will be tricky to get work in intruder systems from the outset, cost of training you (as an adult) is high and once trained nothing to stop you moving on. this has caused a shortage of good engineers. possibly a better route is to look for work in door entry systems to gain cabling skills and all important trust.

many door entry firms also install alarms and cctv, you could then be in with a better chance of migrating across these trades and evenyually into alarms if thats the way you want to go, though to be honest i don't think theses days it pays well enough to take bother.

my experience is your viewed as a 'box fitter' by many employers rather than respected as an engineer of any sorts, and thats no matter how good you are as your not allowed to show your quality in the pursuit of speed and cost effectiveness. that translates as the fastest installer is viewed as the best because of the speed, but when things go wrong then your suddenly a 'technician' but being paid peanuts.

my advice is get into telecoms, better rewarded and you say you already have IT skills so the training will be easy enough for you to pick up.

regs

alan

PS

great this thread was re-opened imo, common sense prevails :yes:

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Consider approaching companies that work on larger systems. These will tend to do a mix of products where your existing skill sets will be much appreciated. If only by the IT Managers.

Guest anguscanplay
my advice is get into telecoms, better rewarded

ROFL depends how high up the greasy pole to success you are, there again all the colors are the same and it`s all plug in so I can see why your attracted.

Not what the O/P was asking though but all your points above apply to any and all trades surely?

ROFL depends how high up the greasy pole to success you are, there again all the colors are the same and it`s all plug in so I can see why your attracted.

Not what the O/P was asking though but all your points above apply to any and all trades surely?

:)

way back when i started alarms were concidered like a mysterious 'black art', money was above JIB rates so attracted many pro sparks across to it as in comparrison it is far easier work phyiscaally speaking after all why bend steel galve conjuit when you can bend 8 core for beter money?

these days it's my opinion most people seeing the 'shed' and Ebay kits want alarms fitted for less than

Guest anguscanplay
:)

way back when i started alarms were concidered like a mysterious 'black art', money was above JIB rates so attracted many pro sparks across to it as in comparrison it is far easier work phyiscaally speaking after all why bend steel galve conjuit when you can bend 8 core for beter money?

these days it's my opinion most people seeing the 'shed' and Ebay kits want alarms fitted for less than

telephones? thats the new double glazing? I field calls weekly from some " we can save you thousands...all for free......." outfit, especially now you can buy all the the bits from screwfix, heck next thing you know they`ll be giving broadband away too, .

seriously though at the O/P`s level nothing changes

slightly different as that is i'd bet LCR calls (Least Cost Routing), you would be surprised how many people and companies are on the standard (and by comparison very costly) BT standard rates.

in the alarm field perhaps it's a case of that same experience that you build up in intruder systems then prices you out of the market as an economically sound resource. lets face it, from an accountants point of view (and many firms rely on their opinions not bolshy engineers) lets say only 10% of all fault calls really require a top line engineer to attend and put right, but to have such quality guys costs money 100% of the time, that devours possible profits.

my work type preference through and through is intruder systems, but door entry for instance is very uncomplicated. you don't really require a 24 hour service on most sites, setting up maintenance or 'piece of mind' deals is very lucrative, so a real no brainer imo to stay away from intruder especially if you want to make serious money for yourself without all the hassle.

regs

alan

Archived