Security Installer Community

A1 Aj600 Wired Alarm System

Ash

I installed an A1 AJ600 alarm some years ago, It was still working fine until the transformer failed.

Could anyone recommend a replacement transformer? I had thought of getting one of the plug in ones (like a phone charger)but am not sure of what power rating to get. I have looked for the original transformer but the old transformer had no information on it,which has made life difficult.

Maplins had nothing like it in stock.

regards Ash

I installed an A1 AJ600 alarm some years ago, It was still working fine until the transformer failed.

Could anyone recommend a replacement transformer? I had thought of getting one of the plug in ones (like a phone charger)but am not sure of what power rating to get. I have looked for the original transformer but the old transformer had no information on it,which has made life difficult.

Maplins had nothing like it in stock.

regards Ash

Ash,

SE is right,

the transformer might have expired with age, but also a panel fault might also have cause it to fail.

A! panels were not the mot sophisticated and due to the fit level in the DIY market, well known by informed intruders how to easily overcome - so chocolate tea pot springs to mind :whistle:

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

quit now while you are ahead. treat yourself to a new, modern systerm as for your old one.... :smash:

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Archived