Security Installer Community

Urgent Help Needed Please Guys

rosco

cheers Magpye,

I've since spoken to Risco and they have told me that I need to use a 2K2 resistor across the terminals discussed if i'm not using keypad zones. I asked why they don't supply panel's with one just incase. His answer..... dunno!

I'll pop down to Maplins and see if they have any. Do I need to specify a specific 2K2 resistor?

Thanks

all the keypads come with the resistors needed[in a little bag in rkp box], the 2k2 one is the one with the orange band, it goes from zone to 0v so make sure you don't short it on the 680 resistor.

where did you get the panel from?

Can't remember the name of the place but it was an electrical wholesalers on the Clifton Moor Trading Estate in York. I got it as that's what the user specified for some reason. The only resistors supplied were the 680 Ohm nothing else. The Wholesalers conveniently close on a Friday lunch and don't reopen until monday and i need to do they install tomorrow :o(

I know it's a 2K2 but do you know what type of Watt i.e 0.25w etc as i can get to an electrical shop but don't want to pick up the wrong one??

Thanks

a 1/3 watt will be just fine as it don't pass much current.,

you won't damage the panel by fitting a different value resistor (ohms) but might make the panel a bit tetchy or unreliable, the you will be back hear bemoaning the panel :rolleyes:

might be that panel has been out and back again, and whoever did not care to return the supplied resistors

trust me, it's a very good little panel for the money, and punches well above its price range compared to scanny imo even if the manuals are a bit pants.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Thanks Alan for that info. I managed to get hold of a 0.25w 2K2 which is apparently the correct one according to Risco Group. I also have a customer who is asking for an external sounder that has a bell rather than a siren. It's to go on a Warehouse on a trading estate so wants something distinctive to all the others. I know they are unreliable etc, the customer has asked so I thought I'd see what I can get for them. Do you know if they are still made and where I could pick on up or do you know anyone who may have a spare one kicking around they want to get rid of? I guess it will have to go in the C type box which I can still get hold of.

Thanks

Thanks Alan for that info. I managed to get hold of a 0.25w 2K2 which is apparently the correct one according to Risco Group. I also have a customer who is asking for an external sounder that has a bell rather than a siren. It's to go on a Warehouse on a trading estate so wants something distinctive to all the others. I know they are unreliable etc, the customer has asked so I thought I'd see what I can get for them. Do you know if they are still made and where I could pick on up or do you know anyone who may have a spare one kicking around they want to get rid of? I guess it will have to go in the C type box which I can still get hold of.

Thanks

as far as i know only scantronic's eurobell was the only (burglar alarm) ones that came ready made, but not sure if they are still available, but might be due to the thousands of them out there.

you could simply buy a generic bell casing, bell and sab board that way you could fit both a bell and a sound bomb siren (for lower power consumption) inside for safety, and should confuse the villains a little bit too B) .

regs

alan

Hi Alan,

Emailed Scantronic and they said they don't make the Eurobells anymore. I can get all the bits but don't know where to get hold of a 12 volt solenoid bell? Any ideas of suppliers who still see them?

Thanks

Hi Alan,

Emailed Scantronic and they said they don't make the Eurobells anymore. I can get all the bits but don't know where to get hold of a 12 volt solenoid bell? Any ideas of suppliers who still see them?

Thanks

ebay? or google '12v dc bell'

regs

alan

Archived