Security Installer Community

Optima Rf

Awww you're so cruel to the Optima! :D

I know it's limited in its abilities, and perhaps a little too common and familiar, but surely the main point of the ungraded systems is the comfort they actually give to the householders? Misguided comfort maybe, but just how often do we find domestic systems interfered with by an intruder? In over 20 years, I've only been to TWO where intruders have tried to beat the system. Once they managed it, the other time they failed.

Anyway, I'll go back to this optima RF panel and give it one more go. If I don't sort it, I'll be replacing it.

• 1 month later...

Well...just had a call to service another system...and lo and behold it's another of these Optima RF panels.

The householder had just moved in to the house and had no codes or operating instructions and wanted me to service it because she knew no history about it.

She also knew no codes :rolleyes:

So, I tried the default user code. Nowt. Tried to enter the engineering programming. Nowt. Tried the keyfob. Nowt.

Ah well, I'll just have to open it and trigger the tamper.

I opened it...and nowt!! No internal alarm at all!

It seemed sensible to default the panel and start again. I followed the instructions in my engineers instructions...and nowt!

So, any thoughts?

I know I've been a little vague, but that's because this is the public pages. There is power to the panel, the back-up battery is fine, the bellbox is properly wired with full working SAB/SCB, and the keys do respond (beep) when pressed.

But nowt else!

Except my attempt to default the panel has triggered what I presume to be the tamper (internal only sounder), but no sign of resetting the codes!

I would love to hear any other thoughts - I do have the option to replace it, but would prefer to get it working first if possible.

Over to you guys again! (Thanks!)

I would down power totally, remove all field wiring and replace factory links for a start. Then power up with a freshly charged batt and see what happens. You probably know this but the Optima/Accenta will totally lock up if there is a tamper fault present (caught me out the first time I had one!)

Edit: As it's an Optima RF :fear: I would be quoting to replace!

Trade Member

Archived