Security Installer Community

Hello All

Baracus

Hi folks, I just happened to stumble across the site when searching for a dialler and I have to say there a lot of brilliant threads with very good advice.

I also noticed the Sparks get a lot of abuse :angry2: im one myself, been at it about 14years and love it. Although im mainly in to heavy site work any thing up to 300mmSQ

I fit the odd alarm mainly for friends and family as a favour and use the Texacom range.

Guest Cerberus NI
Hi folks, I just happened to stumble across the site when searching for a dialler and I have to say there a lot of brilliant threads with very good advice.

I also noticed the Sparks get a lot of abuse :angry2: im one myself, been at it about 14years and love it. Although im mainly in to heavy site work any thing up to 300mmSQ

I fit the odd alarm mainly for friends and family as a favour and use the Texacom range.

Welcome to the asylum - if you can ignore the odd jibe at being a diy-er then you should find the general sections of use (just don't ask for anything that warrants a "call in the experts" response for god sake!!!!).

welcome to the site

do you use 300mm2 for wiring alarms?

Eucam Security Systems

0845 4630 746

www.eucam.co.uk

Guest Dave the alarm man

well hello...

I also noticed the Sparks get a lot of abuse :angry2: im one myself,

I would not trust the average sparks to get system stable, neat & to the correct standard (pd6662 / en50131) :whistle:

Nor would I expect you to trust the average alarm man to get an electrical installation to be safe, neat & to the correct standard (bs7671) :whistle:

could be worse.......... or an IT professional as we call 'em :P

Guest Cerberus NI
well hello...

I would not trust the average sparks to get system stable, neat & to the correct standard (pd6662 / en50131) :whistle:

Nor would I expect you to trust the average alarm man to get an electrical installation to be safe, neat & to the correct standard (bs7671) :whistle:

A simple hello and hows it goin' would've done!!! :rolleyes:

well hello...

funny that cause i'm a fully trained spark and can install commision systems to En503-1 at all grades, aswell as CCTV, so its not that uncommon. and in my experience sparks are much more neater at installing than most security installers.

ve hav ze nolij or if not we ask!!!!

funny that cause i'm a fully trained spark and can install commision systems to En503-1 at all grades, aswell as CCTV, so its not that uncommon. and in my experience sparks are much more neater at installing than most security installers.

Oh no theyre not... :rolleyes:

If at first you don't succeed...don't try skydiving!

Guest Dave the alarm man
funny that cause i'm a fully trained spark

me too,

and can install commision systems to En503-1 at all grades, aswell as CCTV, so its not that uncommon.

I assume you mean EN 50131 / PD 6662, though I doubt unless your ssaib / nsi your own, or have read the standards, do much Grade 4?

and in my experience sparks are much more neater at installing than most security installers.

completely the other way, I used to get clients thinking the install was a wirefree one, where a sparks works in an ocupied house a big bag of browning is called for

Archived