Security Installer Community

Upgrading Castle To Texe. Premier - Eol Resistors Swapout!?

Matt Ward

don`t take that long to swop some resistors, plus it means you get to check inside the device too

yeah, ok.

but like i said its a good idea and i'll see if they are thinking of doing it.

ps: i can't remember the last already graded takeover i did that didn't have them built in anyway. but would still be better as a pogramming function IMO.

Guest Dave the alarm man
On the 24 upwards, zone by zone

yay :groupwave:

don`t take that long to swop some resistors, plus it means you get to check inside the device too

been the bane of my life.....

Guest anguscanplay
yeah, ok.

but like i said its a good idea and i'll see if they are thinking of doing it.

ps: i can't remember the last already graded takeover i did that didn't have them built in anyway. but would still be better as a pogramming function IMO.

you`ve got to go take the voltage at detector reading anyway - too tempting an option IMO :whistle:

as for my 2 p worth,

imo with any panel it's best to use the 'default' resistor value's, personally i'd really consider the call outs aspect, they often come at very inconvenient times so an engineer perhaps used to a certain panel expecting the standard values used, or the next engineer working perhaps half asleep at 3am might well waste a fair bit of time thinking mistakenly he has a fault.

it's a bit like those installs you come across where the colour code is not consistent to each device, so leaving the panel the cable code is remembered then you go to a j/b where you find a different colour code comes into play as your working your way through a j/b placed in a dark ceiling void for instance, just frags your brain when tired.

like has been said, you have got to check your voltages and the condition of the devices, the connections and fixings are all sound and well made, so for a few seconds extra it will take, you might as well swap out the resistors while your up their.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Thank you for all your advise.

I went back to the place, it is a Castle Care-tech 1700 which is a ID system.

Now off to Gardiners to look for a ID module for the texecom (hoping that one exists!)

Matt

it does, i had a look on www.texe.com

Archived