Security Installer Community

Tech Help Desk

Johnny

I suppose you just gotta open the install manual from time to time

It's easy to knock Tech Support Departments but how many actually think the problem through before ringing them???

Funny how everyone says they've read the manual, checked the help file but no way can they get it working yet have no recollection of anything when asked.

For every genuine call there must be 10 callers who are just clogging up the lines simply because they couldn't be bothered reading the manual for the most basic of tasks.

It's easy to knock Tech Support Departments but how many actually think the problem through before ringing them???

Funny how everyone says they've read the manual, checked the help file but no way can they get it working yet have no recollection of anything when asked.

For every genuine call there must be 10 callers who are just clogging up the lines simply because they couldn't be bothered reading the manual for the most basic of tasks.

i think that is very fair comment,

sometimes the structure of manuals could be improved. imo most would benefit with a quick start guide.

some of the structure errors Gardtec have made as a famous as a trademark, like the user manual has the authority levels of user on P3, then how to change codes P7 :rolleyes: (page numbers might not be exact).

i think the biggest problem is the manuals are wrote by technicians usually with little actual field experience, so do not appreciate the manual when used in anger is referred to in the order of installation rather than a flow chart, and we all do our installation in a different order to each other. i tend to install and test the control kit first, other's fit the ancillaries as the 1st job, so basically you can't win :) .

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

i think that is very fair comment,

sometimes the structure of manuals could be improved. imo most would benefit with a quick start guide.

some of the structure errors Gardtec have made as a famous as a trademark, like the user manual has the authority levels of user on P3, then how to change codes P7 :rolleyes: (page numbers might not be exact).

i think the biggest problem is the manuals are wrote by technicians usually with little actual field experience, so do not appreciate the manual when used in anger is referred to in the order of installation rather than a flow chart, and we all do our installation in a different order to each other. i tend to install and test the control kit first, other's fit the ancillaries as the 1st job, so basically you can't win :) .

regs

alan

Care to pop into our office on Monday and tell them??? It will make a change from me banging on about this very point.

Archived