Security Installer Community

Light

audial

Hi

Have a problem with the light in my loft. problem is when the light is on so is the one in the main bed room. Power for the light in the loft comes from the light in the main bed room Live is from the loop and neutral is in the neutral. The bedroom has a dimmer switch. The light in the loft has the twin and earth coming from the bedroom ceiling rose going in to the loft ceiling rose conected neutral in neutral and live in the loop a second twin and earth goes to the swicth connected from the loop on the ceiling rose to the common on the switch and then from L1 on the swicth to the live on the rose.

Hi

Have a problem with the light in my loft. problem is when the light is on so is the one in the main bed room. Power for the light in the loft comes from the light in the main bed room Live is from the loop and neutral is in the neutral. The bedroom has a dimmer switch. The light in the loft has the twin and earth coming from the bedroom ceiling rose going in to the loft ceiling rose conected neutral in neutral and live in the loop a second twin and earth goes to the swicth connected from the loop on the ceiling rose to the common on the switch and then from L1 on the swicth to the live on the rose.

Strange question for this site. It is a security forum, not a Sparky forum.

May we ask who wired this up??

Also, why you playing with Electrics if you are not a sparks??

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

Guest anguscanplay
Hi

is it on in the loft even if the loft switch is off ie does the loft switch do anything ?

Hi

Hello Audial

Assuming that the 'pendants' are both connected correctly ie into Neutral and Switch Live then the wiring you have described would not work the way you described, my very best advice to you is to call an IEC IEI electrician simply due to the DANGER involved and not to mention how easy it is for the untrained to get lighting circuits wired wrong.

Just imagine what the missus will say when she can't get to sleep because the bedroom light will not switch off at all :eekout:

SORRY that we can not help you with this, just think you wouldn't fit your own gas fire would you?

Never Teach Your Apprentice Everything You Know

Guest anguscanplay
Swicth in the loft turns loft light on and off. Dont know who wired it, not sure if its ever worked.

I`m only guessing and so would anyone else here, you need to get it looked at by a qualified AND REGISTERED electrition,

mains kills

I`m only guessing and so would anyone else here, you need to get it looked at by a qualified AND REGISTERED electrition,

mains kills

i think the electrion's are busy this weekend defending gargon from the beasots. get an electrician in instead.

Guest anguscanplay
i think the electrion's are busy this weekend defending gargon from the beasots. get an electrician in instead.

ah that`s how it`s spelt - thanks biscuit boy, thought it looked wrong, bit like this topic IMO

Archived