Security Installer Community

Hello All, Am New And Need Advice

jonmaine

I am coming into the last phase of a comprehensive rescue of a grade 2* listed building which was in a near state of collapse see Visit My Website ( sorry it has not been updated for a while) . I am now wiring it up. Am putting in a central dimming system of dimmer units for the lighting. These are standard dmx dimmers with an analogue 0-10v input 4 x 5 amp output

lighting = part p

occupancy sensors = sat still reading a book & the lights go out

galaxy 60 = obsolete

Lighting not part p, project building control notice predates its inception building control are not interested in part P only the certificate on fire alarm system

Occupancy sensors walk through zones only to be programmed so if no other light is on in that area they come on to enable walk through, not sat reading bok and lights go out

Well if Galaxy 60 is obsolete give us a clue, That is why I came to ask.

I thought I was asking for constructive criticism, not just criticism,

Any one with some decent suggestions?????

I think you need a premier 48 and above if you want to use x-10 control.

It may also interest you that a 48 and above can be integrated with Crestron as well.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

I will look into those panels, thanks guys.

I have got the facility to wire everything independently so I have decided to stay away from x10 and crestron is I know brilliant but I am on a limited budget so hence the choices I have made for home automation/lighting.

Please keep any observations or suggestions coming, I have a grasp of alarm engineering but am not up to speed on the products available and reliability or usability etc.

I have come here to post because I know there are people here who are expert and can advise well.

try and keep pirs and contacts to seperate zones as this will give you greater flexibility to program outputs

Yes, I will, that much I had worked out. The panel looks to be quite a good one. If I decide to go for it where would you recommend buying it from?

I have a friendly electrician who will commision the system but we will install what we can of it ourselves as he is like all good men busy all the time so we can waste our time dealing with the installation.

Please everyone else throw in your valued opinions for me as I am hungry for your valued opinions.

Archived