Security Installer Community

Premier24 + Prestige Amdt

IanHug

okay, the point I making is why bother with a G3 sensor when the job can never be G3 due to the ATS.

Triple EOL is for the AM, even if you leave it programmed off, it may still cause issues as alarm relay opens on mask, oh microwaves can bleed outside the protected area seeing movement in plastic pipes ect......

AM you have no need for it, if not careful its a rod for your own back

Thanks Dave,

Anti mask crossed off list.

Would I be better going for the G2 Premier DT sensors or should I steer clear of microwave detectors altogether?

Many thanks

Ian

probably will LOL

I do have to ask though Ian is it worth it just to save a couple of hundred quid ( apparently thats the going rate for labour nowadays ) when the whole thing could be sorted and working - with guarentee`s and insurance against failure to activate within a week. Sounds like you have a nice house and we know you had a nice car but it`s not really the same thing as giving the lounge a coat of paint is it ?

just something to think about when your struggling to see how to get that cable into position without giving Mrs Hug another reason to nag

regards

Angus

I've done most things on the house over the years mainly because I enjoy doing it - so far I've rewired (before the regs changed), fitted bathrooms, changed the central heating boiler to a combi (pre reg change), re pointed the brickwork, built timber window frames from scratch, built & fitted a kitchen from scratch, laid hardwood floors, replaced the clean and foul drainage, laid stone slabs etc etc.

I'm slowing down as I get older though.

Ian

Guest Dave the alarm man
Would I be better going for the G2 Premier DT sensors or should I steer clear of microwave detectors altogether?

I don't use prestige but any of the pir should be ok if put in the right spot & don't use brackets

I've done most things on the house over the years mainly because I enjoy doing it - so far I've rewired (before the regs changed), fitted bathrooms, changed the central heating boiler to a combi (pre reg change), re pointed the brickwork, built timber window frames from scratch, built & fitted a kitchen from scratch, laid hardwood floors, replaced the clean and foul drainage, laid stone slabs etc etc.

I'am having a pop this time........

I doubt your electrical meeted the current reg's off the time because you are unlikey to have tested it or have the correct equipment to test it properly.......

Combi boiler? I really do hope its an electric one, corgi scheme came in in the 70's did it not

Every thing you list has its own rules & reg's & largely falls under the building regs too, I wonder why the HIPS pack has come in :hmm:

I'am having a pop this time........

I doubt your electrical meeted the current reg's off the time because you are unlikey to have tested it or have the correct equipment to test it properly.......

Combi boiler? I really do hope its an electric one, corgi scheme came in in the 70's did it not

Every thing you list has its own rules & reg's & largely falls under the building regs too, I wonder why the HIPS pack has come in :hmm:

Ok maybe I've opened a can of worms :unsure:

The boiler's gas and was commissioned by a Corgi fitter. I think that was quite common at the time with plumbers installing & Corgi commissioning - I think they insist on doing the install as well these days.

Ian

Ok maybe I've opened a can of worms :unsure:

The boiler's gas and was commissioned by a Corgi fitter. I think that was quite common at the time with plumbers installing & Corgi commissioning - I think they insist on doing the install as well these days.

Ian

A couple of my colleagues have had no trouble installing their own boilers and getting it comissioned by a corgi engineer. :)

Guest anguscanplay

I'm slowing down as I get older though.

Ian

as i do to Ian - thing is you`ve already been done once and its a kick in the teeth if you get done again during your DIY install , go get it sorted rather than just talking about it

Archived