Security Installer Community

Melcom St6500

andyhallett

Hi.

I have recently moved into a new flat which has a Melcom ST6500 alarm system. The landlord has no idea how it works and there is no instruction manuel. The alarm is switched off at the fuse box. If I turn the power on, the alarm immediately goes off. I've tried pressing a few buttons but it doesn't seem to have any affect. Does anyone know how I can reset the box and enter my own code? Any advice would be greately appreciated.

Thanks,

Andy.

Hello & welcome.

Sorry I can't help with that but I have found a site with the user manual to get you started.

Link Removed. Please do not post links in the public forums to engineering manuals, as this is against the forum rules.

If that gives you no joy hang around till this evening when more members will be online after work.

One things for sure, if the alarm has been left off the back up batteries will be knackered and the whole system needs serviced to check things are working as they should. You may be best (and less hassle) to get 3 local companies to quote for a full service and battery change.

C.

:)

Hi.

I have recently moved into a new flat which has a Melcom ST6500 alarm system. The landlord has no idea how it works and there is no instruction manuel. The alarm is switched off at the fuse box. If I turn the power on, the alarm immediately goes off. I've tried pressing a few buttons but it doesn't seem to have any affect. Does anyone know how I can reset the box and enter my own code? Any advice would be greately appreciated.

Thanks,

Andy.

Do you know what the user code is?

What lights are on when you power the system up?

Hello & welcome.

Sorry I can't help with that but I have found a site with the user manual to get you started.

Link Removed. Please do not post links in the public forums to engineering manuals, as this is against the forum rules.

If that gives you no joy hang around till this evening when more members will be online after work.

One things for sure, if the alarm has been left off the back up batteries will be knackered and the whole system needs serviced to check things are working as they should. You may be best (and less hassle) to get 3 local companies to quote for a full service and battery change.

C.

i think there is a clue in there somewhere Colin,

(as i thought user manuals were ok ;) )

regs

Alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Unlike you see and understand the obvious Alan :P

But if you had followed the link you would have seen that the manual had both user and engineering instructions in it.

lol!

link was ditched before i could :(

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Hi.

Thanks,

Andy.

This is a Lynteck panel, if you ring them they may be able to help Tel 01282 717 490

Hello & welcome.

C.

I DID NOT post a link to an engineering manual you liar!

I posted a link to the USER manual which turns out to have the engineer code in it.

Slight difference you chose to ignore. Get you red type facts right big yin. :rolleyes:

Andy the user code is available here http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/comm...?showtopic=1817 if it's any help.

C.

No you are wrong the link you posted had both on the same paper document user and engineer instructions. Please look a the link you posted again and you will see that I am correct in what I edited, I did not choose to ignore anything I looked downloaded the document before I amended your post.

If you have a query with my actions then please PM me.

Below is a cut-n-paste of the whole list of manuals from the site a linked to.

Which one is the engineer manual then? :huh:

Melcom ST4500 User

Melcom ST6000 User

Melcom ST6500 User

Melcom AD 1000 Telephone dial

ST 3000 UK

Melcom ST 5500 User UK

Like I said I posted a link to the USER manual NOT the ENGINEER manual.

However the USER manual has engineer stuff in it.

See the difference?

No probably not.

Forget it, your in blue so you'll be right

Yours Sincerely,

Mr completely confused with this one.

Jockland.

:unsure:

Archived