Security Installer Community

Reprogramming The Veritas 8 Alarm

Donzie

Hi,

I have a problem with my Veritas 8 house alarm. Texecom are not open at the weekend as I've already tried them today. Can anyone privately email me with the instructions to reprogramme this please.

What has happened is that I could not set the alarm one day and couldn't for the life of me think why as it has been fine for the 6 years that it's been fitted with no problems. I suddenly thought that I'd been dusting and that I bet it's something to do with the panic button and sure enough it was. I'd accidentally pushed it in a bit without actually setting the alarm off. Once I'd used the key to unlock it, the alarm was fine but then my husband said that it should really be time to be changing the back up battery so he took the front panel off. BIG MISTAKE because now the tamper light is on and there is a sequence of zone numbers flashing. The alarm company are not being helpful at all and just want to charge me

Put it back together and try pressing reset, if its programmed for engineer reset on tamper you will need an engineer though.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Hi,

I have a problem with my Veritas 8 house alarm. Texecom are not open at the weekend as I've already tried them today. Can anyone privately email me with the instructions to reprogramme this please.

What has happened is that I could not set the alarm one day and couldn't for the life of me think why as it has been fine for the 6 years that it's been fitted with no problems. I suddenly thought that I'd been dusting and that I bet it's something to do with the panic button and sure enough it was. I'd accidentally pushed it in a bit without actually setting the alarm off. Once I'd used the key to unlock it, the alarm was fine but then my husband said that it should really be time to be changing the back up battery so he took the front panel off. BIG MISTAKE because now the tamper light is on and there is a sequence of zone numbers flashing. The alarm company are not being helpful at all and just want to charge me

tbh, that is not a bad price at all that Paul has given you, as you have had no service at all off them i would have thought it would have been much more.

Good Luck :console:

Sorry but I wasn't aware that I'd made mention of the company or in fact the name of the person I'd spoken to. And how do you know whether or not I've had service or not??

Put it back together and try pressing reset, if its programmed for engineer reset on tamper you will need an engineer though.

I've tried pressing reset and it doesn't work. I found this site on Google and I thought someone had said on this site that it is a rip off for the engineer to come and do it and that it can be done by yourself?

I've tried pressing reset and it doesn't work. I found this site on Google and I thought someone had said on this site that it is a rip off for the engineer to come and do it and that it can be done by yourself?

that was probably said by another member of the public who didn't understand the reason for the feature.

I have tried my best to help you with this and although the advice may not be what you want to hear it is still the best advice and tbh

Only thing he hasn't done is said what the instructions are!

have a guess why? he is clueless.

he came on and caused a stink, has very little idea in regards to alarm systems.

The reason for this feature is not to rip you off, but to protect the alarm company.

Think if it was still under warranty and someone opened the lid messed about with it, then had a breakin and it didn't go off. the alarm company could get sued and would leave them selves wide open to it. this feature stops that.

You should ask them to comeout and reset it but also remove this reset feature, they won't want you on service with out the feature but if its only a callout and no service contract they shouldn't mind removing it.

then in the future you can replace the battery and just use your code and reset to sort it out.

think how you contacted me, i would stand to gain by telling you to get new equipment, but if they will remove the reset feature as i stated before then its well worth the

have a guess why? he is clueless.

he came on and caused a stink, has very little idea in regards to alarm systems.

The reason for this feature is not to rip you off, but to protect the alarm company.

Think if it was still under warranty and someone opened the lid messed about with it, then had a breakin and it didn't go off. the alarm company could get sued and would leave them selves wide open to it. this feature stops that.

You should ask them to comeout and reset it but also remove this reset feature, they won't want you on service with out the feature but if its only a callout and no service contract they shouldn't mind removing it.

then in the future you can replace the battery and just use your code and reset to sort it out.

think how you contacted me, i would stand to gain by telling you to get new equipment, but if they will remove the reset feature as i stated before then its well worth the

Guest anguscanplay
Sorry didn't realise, thought big brother was watching and got a bit spooked!! The reason I came onto this site is I found it on Google where Martins (member here) said it was possible to do without the engineer and that the engineer costs were a rip off. He also gave a tel no of a company to ring who would talk you through it if you get stuck. Only thing he hasn't done is said what the instructions are!

yeah come on Martins - where`s the instructions you promised

Archived