Security Installer Community

Veritas R8

Hi all I turned off the mains electricity this morning to replace some lights as soon as i turned it off the alarm set and subsequently went off. I couldn't reset it with my code. I then phoned the technical helpline they told me the battery was knackered and to disconnect it and when the mains was on the alarm would work fine and to get another battery. when i powered the alarm back up it again started to arm itself and neither my code or the engineers code would stop it. When trying to input the code only a couple of keys on the keypad appeared to work the others are just silent, After calling the helpline again they informed me that the unit had lost connection to the keypad I can't see how this has happened though i only disconnected the mains which i have done countless times before without problem. Its driving me insane any help would be greatly appreciated

Just tried it again and the only keys that appear to do anything are the 147 keys and they beep twice when you push them

look on this site, under police force area. in your area you may find a list of companies that may be able to help.... falling that if only a few keys are working on the pad, i would be looking to attach a key pad that i knew worked, and see what happens.

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Just tried it again and the only keys that appear to do anything are the 147 keys and they beep twice when you push them

As said, battery first, then the mains

From the manual > "If the battery is flat or faulty the RKP may not accept key presses."

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Guest anguscanplay
As said, battery first, then the mains

From the manual > "If the battery is flat or faulty the RKP may not accept key presses."

we`ve been here before - mains first then battery , most likely a new battery is flat anyway

Archived