Security Installer Community

Bell Box

wens52

hi i have a pyronix control panell but have put up a new texecom bell box i have wired it up as it says but still has tamper showing on control box any one have the correct way of wiring it up do i need all 6 wires are does 2 wires need to go together at the moment i have only 5 wire connected please help cheers

Hi there. Which Pyronix control panel do you have? Can you list the connections you have made between the control panel and the bell box. Is the bell box functioning OK apart from the tamper fault? What are the two green LEDs on the bell box doing? (IE are they both alternating slowly, about once per second?)

Trade Member

Hi there. Which Pyronix control panel do you have? Can you list the connections you have made between the control panel and the bell box. Is the bell box functioning OK apart from the tamper fault? What are the two green LEDs on the bell box doing? (IE are they both alternating slowly, about once per second?)

the leds do light up and flash when i power up but when i put code in it does not function correctly and the tamper light lights up then after a short while the alarm rings to stop it i have to remove the red wire

the leds do light up and flash when i power up but when i put code in it does not function correctly and the tamper light lights up then after a short while the alarm rings to stop it i have to remove the red wire

hi,

as scott said you need to post the connections you have made.

the old bell box was wired as follows

yellow ring-

black -rtn

green hold -

red hold off+

blue bell box

the white not sure if it was connected

the new box is wired as follows

red +ve supply

blue -ve bell

yellow -ve tamper

black ov

green - ve strobe

the old bell box was wired as follows

yellow ring-

black -rtn

green hold -

red hold off+

blue bell box

the white not sure if it was connected

the new box is wired as follows

red +ve supply

blue -ve bell

yellow -ve tamper

black ov

green - ve strobe

OK, the Red wire is correct, but you need to make the following changes:

Black wire to -ve tamp in bell box

Green wire to OV in bell box

Yellow to -ve bell in bell box

Whats the blue wire connected to in the control panel? I take it your old bell didn't have a strobe?

Trade Member

OK, the Red wire is correct, but you need to make the following changes:

Black wire to -ve tamp in bell box

Green wire to OV in bell box

Yellow to -ve bell in bell box

Whats the blue wire connected to in the control panel? I take it your old bell didn't have a strobe?

old box did have a stobe

OK. The blue wire could be the strobe - and the white strobe + depending on what make it was. You need to confirm what these are connected to at the panel end.

there is that many wires in the control panel not sure but im certain that the white was connected to a other wire

Archived