Security Installer Community

Eurosec Cp8l Fault

TerryM

Hi,

Just found this place and hope you guys can help.

Just moved into a new house that has a Eurosec CP8 L (well thats what the manual says). The alarm wont set for me, it has a message on the screen constantly which says "Alarm 2 Hall" If I try to set it I get a message saying "Cant set use 1141"

Any ideas on how I can fix this.

I thought maybe the hall sensor was faulty so I tried using the walk through function. I walked into the hall, it came up hall on the panel so I'm thinking that the sensor is OK, Am I wrong?

What does the use 1141 mean?

Thanks

Hi ,

Have you pressed the RESET button yet ?

If that doesnt work , then it looks like its looking for an Anti Code Reset, the original installer should help with this.

Arfur may be along soon , he knows his Gardtec.

Regards.

:hmm:

i've not seen this fault happen, have tried entering the number shown? if so what was the response on the keypad? if it askes for a further number it is on anticode reset and you will need a gardtec engineer to reset which can be done over the phobe using a special unit to give the reset number needed.

i don't think being such a small 'bells only' panel, many installers would bother with "anti-code" reset, but you may need to use a 'MASTER' code is more likely, which is the default level out of the box. it can be set to any user for reset after alarm by the installer.

but if you can't locate them most Gartec aware companies can reset it and all the codes for you, just ask for an estimate 1st and use a reputable and better still a personally recommended to you installer to do this.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Hi,

Just found this place and hope you guys can help.

Just moved into a new house that has a Eurosec CP8 L (well thats what the manual says). The alarm wont set for me, it has a message on the screen constantly which says "Alarm 2 Hall" If I try to set it I get a message saying "Cant set use 1141"

Any ideas on how I can fix this.

I thought maybe the hall sensor was faulty so I tried using the walk through function. I walked into the hall, it came up hall on the panel so I'm thinking that the sensor is OK, Am I wrong?

What does the use 1141 mean?

Thanks

Hi Terry,

The reason it is showing this is because it has been set off (on the "HALL" sensor) probably when some one has come in and not unset it in time, it's now asking for an "Anti code Reset" this is done on monitored systems to cut down false alarms, the idea being if you don't know set the alarm off you need to get an engineer to look at it, however some unscrupulous company's do this as a bit of a money spinner, in short you need an engineer to reset the alarm for you and to take off the anti code function, i say engineer because I could give you the anti code needed but if it goes off again you'll be in the same situation.

The alarm company that installed it should be on the bell box.

The system may have been on comms with the last owner and the engineers may have disconnected the comms but forgot to remove the anti code function.

Never Teach Your Apprentice Everything You Know

Hi Terry,

The reason it is showing this is because it has been set off (on the "HALL" sensor) probably when some one has come in and not unset it in time, it's now asking for an "Anti code Reset" this is done on monitored systems to cut down false alarms, the idea being if you don't know set the alarm off you need to get an engineer to look at it, however some unscrupulous company's do this as a bit of a money spinner, in short you need an engineer to reset the alarm for you and to take off the anti code function, i say engineer because I could give you the anti code needed but if it goes off again you'll be in the same situation.

The alarm company that installed it should be on the bell box.

The system may have been on comms with the last owner and the engineers may have disconnected the comms but forgot to remove the anti code function.

Yes try and use the first company because if they are using anti-code they may well have locked the engineer code, which in this models case i do not think can be unlocked without sending it to gardtec.

Guest anguscanplay

sometimes we do it when we have problems getting paid - make sure the firm know you are a new occupier when you ring them

Guest anguscanplay
Angus you been taking those funny green pills again mate? :unsure:

lol nobody else noticed the sites been missing then ? - just me ? was the same time as i hit post ( several times ) lol

Note: Duplicate Posts Removed @ anguscanplays request

Archived