I have self installed a Galaxy G3 with the following components:

4x PIR detectors (IS-215T)

4x Dual Tech detectors (DT-7550C)

6x Vibration detectors (Impaq Plus)

3x Smoke detectors (OH4W)

1x Personal Attack button

1x magnetic door contact

2x Remote keypads (both with keyprox)

1x internal sounder (sound bomb twin piezo)

1x external bell box, strobe and sounder

1x rio (regular)

1x 7ah battery

All working fine, programmed, and is an excellent unit. Thanks to those members who helped me out.

However, the metal panel does seem to be slightly warm above the area of the mains transformer. Is this normal based on the above components?

1x magnetic door contact

1x rio (regular)

1x 7ah battery

All working fine, programmed, and is an excellent unit. Thanks to those members who helped me out.

However, the metal panel does seem to be slightly warm above the area of the mains transformer. Is this normal based on the above components?

Hi jezf

If your interpritation of slightly warm is the same as mine then it is normal. I would keep an eye on it to see if the temperature remains constant and if you are knowingly competant take a current reading to see if it is what is expected. There is always some heat loss from transformers even under no load conditions, if it, that is, the temperature gets to hot to touch then I would suggest getting it checked out by a pro.

Best wishes

Vince

Practice in the morning, practice at night. Practice in the evening, until you get it right.

Only make sure you are practising in the right way at the right time for it.

1x magnetic door contact

1x rio (regular)

1x 7ah battery

End station is not fitted in an airing cupboard / boiler room I hope

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Hi jezf

If your interpritation of slightly warm is the same as mine then it is normal. I would keep an eye on it to see if the temperature remains constant and if you are knowingly competant take a current reading to see if it is what is expected. There is always some heat loss from transformers even under no load conditions, if it, that is, the temperature gets to hot to touch then I would suggest getting it checked out by a pro.

Best wishes

Vince

it is not hot, just ever so slightly warm. i only mentioned it, as there is a distance of a couple cm between the steel casing and the transformer itself, so if the heat is travelling across that distance, i guess the transformer must be much hotter, which prompted me to post.

unfortunately, although i wired it from an existing fused spur, i would not know how to take a reading. furthermore, i am not sure how many amps my components should be pulling through the panel. i listed all my components in the hope that someone more experienced could say, "well that amount of components may be overloading the panel without a smart rio" or not.

End station is not fitted in an airing cupboard / boiler room I hope

no panel is fitted in cloakroom, which as yet does not have anything stored in it!

Archived