Security Installer Community

Aritech Advisor Cd72

maia

Hello.

I have been given a used panel + 3 RKP (and the other bits). This came from a store that is upgrading to the ATS series. Panel is v6.05 (Portuguese version).

Anyway, I have been told that one of the RKPs had taken a bit of water and caused malfunction to the system. It seems it has been decommissioned for a year or so now. I think that it has dried up completely and maybe, just maybe, may work fine.

How can I test this without connecting it to the panel? Even if I don't have the tools to do it, do you think a standard electronics repair store can power it up for me and see if it works? Or won't it power up since it won't be connected to a panel?

BTW, I wasn't given any manual (can't argue, can I :P ). Can anyone source them for me? Thinking of installing a simple alarm system and then maybe grow it up later. Just for the fun of it, won't be guarding a treasure :fear:

Best regards.

Yeah, came across it yesterday (thanks anyway). Thought I could go the cheap way as I'm more than sure many here have those manuals. Anyone willing to share them with me so that I can get started?

cheers.

Unfortuantly this site does not give out engineers manuals or defaulting information in the public area

All comments in this post are my own views and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer

Unfortuantly this site does not give out engineers manuals or defaulting information in the public area

I take it you are referring to systems that have been professionaly installed, which is not the case as you may see. There's no contract, there's no one to do maintenance of the system except me. This, as you see, will be a DIY job and not taken seriously security-wise.

Anyway, my first question about the RKP hasn't been discussed yet.

Best regards.

Simple question: will a CD3008 RKP power up using only 12V/25mA on A+B terminals (i.e. without data in/out C+D terminals connected to the panel)?

Ohh btw, all the manuals can be found free of charge on the net. Search for them or contact me and I'll gladly email the PDFs. Seems you can't DIY anymore, you HAVE TO call in the engineer (even when you were given a panel). Yeah right ;) I'm gonna call an electrician to change a wall outlet :P

It's just people around here are anal about giving out a manual (except user's). If you can't reach a panel you can't harm the system. Here's a tip for those worried about letting the average joe get a manual: never put the panel on easy to reach, unsecured locations; then you can know everything about alarms, you can give out manuals, you can do whatever you want.

Also, Aritech has the ATS-series manuals in a place anyone can access without login. I guess they should be the first wanting them to be covered. Guess not.

Also, I'm now just asking about the RKP. You could help better if you answered my question. If you don't have anything to say about it, go away. Thank you :)

Best regards.

This Forum does not give any DEFAULT OR ENGINEER MANUALS. When you signed up to the site you was told this and you agreed to the site rules. It does not matter if another site or if ARITECH/GE or any other panel manufactors give manuals out this forum doesn't THIS TOPIC IS NOW CLOSED

Archived