Security Installer Community

Query On Texecom Premier Panel

just a quick question i have been used to installing scantronic 9x5x systems and programming became a sixth sense but now the company i work for has switched over to the texecom premier range and i must admit they seem very good and a lot more versatile than the scantronic.

The question is though that when you are using fobs you should be able to lock out the keypad during entry well at least the scannies could. Am i just being daft but i can not for the life of me figure out how to do the same on the texecom and i believe it to be an EN requirement.

NSI GOLD

BASED IN KENT

INTRUDER,ACCESS CONTROL,CCTV,FIRE

just a quick question i have been used to installing scantronic 9x5x systems and programming became a sixth sense but now the company i work for has switched over to the texecom premier range and i must admit they seem very good and a lot more versatile than the scantronic.

The question is though that when you are using fobs you should be able to lock out the keypad during entry well at least the scannies could. Am i just being daft but i can not for the life of me figure out how to do the same on the texecom and i believe it to be an EN requirement.

I thought that the texecom range did this as a factory setting? I was caught out with a panel change a year or so ago,(bearing in mind I'm primarily a CCTV engineer these days). It came to demonstrating the system to the client, they wasn't using fobs, codes only likes. The system set fine, entry door opened, entry tone started, code would not unset until the entry time had expired and the alarm activated. It needed a fob of course. It was just a matter of programming to remedy this problem.

Maybe Texecom have swapped the setting around becuase of too many people like me getting caught out and rining up tech support.

ACE.gif

assign the codes the 'locked by timer C' attribute, this disables codes during entry. Dont assign a code and fob to the same user, fob or code only.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Archived