Security Installer Community

I Have A Moral Question For All U Installers

eoghanfla

Guest anguscanplay
Not to mention how would you feel if something did happen, and a rapist/murderer/child abducter/whatever gets away scott free all because you didnt bother getting the system to work as it should have?

Or if something really big happens that hits the news, and your footage is analysed and shown all over the press? Not a good advert for you if its **** footage. IF it wsa great footage, you could get your name on that footage, and get the publicity.

you`ve been waiting to use that line ? and you ever seen great footage from anything less than town centre quality set ups ?

regards

Angus

and you ever seen great footage from anything less than town centre quality set ups ?

regards

Angus

Unless I've been in the wrong business for the last 30 years, I'm still waiting for the day when Town Centre systems in general, produce the results we have a right to expect.

You don't have to spend a fortune to get great results, but unfortunately, many LA's like spending outside their means and then constantly bemoaning the fact they don't have enough funding to provide the coverage they'd prefer. That's one of the reasons why an increasing number of councils are recruiting volunteers to operate their CCTV Control Rooms (and without SIA licensing), just to keep the costs down.

The really funny part is they just don't seem to learn from their mistakes, yet various countries around the world are copying what we do, because they think we've got it right :rolleyes:

Guest anguscanplay
Unless I've been in the wrong business for the last 30 years, I'm still waiting for the day when Town Centre systems in general, produce the results we have a right to expect.

You don't have to spend a fortune to get great results, but unfortunately, many LA's like spending outside their means and then constantly bemoaning the fact they don't have enough funding to provide the coverage they'd prefer. That's one of the reasons why an increasing number of councils are recruiting volunteers to operate their CCTV Control Rooms (and without SIA licensing), just to keep the costs down.

The really funny part is they just don't seem to learn from their mistakes, yet various countries around the world are copying what we do, because they think we've got it right :rolleyes:

you still didnt answer my question to kensplace there though did you doc "right to expect " is the issue

you still didnt answer my question to kensplace there though did you doc "right to expect " is the issue

the 'right to expect' imo is covered in the written specification (or should be), so the least minimum that can be expected is contained within it. if it performs to or better than that, there can be no complaints.

often a camera is placed not so much for security but convenience to see a visitor, perhaps to catch fly tippers or to stop people from off loading a settee into their bins and illigal parking is the thrust, so the camera kit is selected on a small budget for that purpose.

should a serious incident occur that is unfortunate, but there is no incrimination laid at the door of the installation designer, if the camera is not selected or placed for the detection of crime, or designed to assist with facial recognition and/or number plates.

even with top kit properly installed, often the poor images seen on Tv are due to lack of proper maintenance or age, includes simple cleaning of housings, no matter how much you advise it the client will often feel offering the window cleaner a few quid a lot cheaper than asking you to attend to do it properly.

case of you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived