Security Installer Community

Resetting Alarm

kevndawn

have just recently moved in to a house with a gardtec 300 series alarm making the mistake of removing sensor to decorate because the alarm has been tampered with i cant set the alarm anymore how do i reset the alarm without having to pay a ridiculous amount of money out to a engineer help !!! :(

need master reset code

have just recently moved in to a house with a gardtec 300 series alarm making the mistake of removing sensor to decorate because the alarm has been tampered with i cant set the alarm anymore how do i reset the alarm without having to pay a ridiculous amount of money out to a engineer help !!! :(

need master reset code

hi Kevndawn,

you will have disturbed the anti-tamper contact when removing the lid, remove and replace the lid again and listen for a small 'pop' as the contact is pressed down as you close it.

if the tamper is then clear the user code should put you back in business. i'd contact the vendor for all the codes and ask if the system has been serviced within the last 12 months.

you need to change the codes and the door locks to prevent an un-authorised access from previous key-holders, and an engineers visit need not be as expensive as losing all your contents, simply ask for a quote upfront before you engage him/her, after all if it go's wrong and you can't stop the sirens who are you going to call?

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay

need master reset code

shop around - most of us charge a decent price

need master reset code

kev or dawn, what name is on the bell box outside?

norich union i think the former tenant had norich union insurance along with the alarm :rolleyes:

are you sure you don't have the master code? I'm guessing when you enter your code it still says master reset required or something similar. do you have a user manual? the default master code will be in it, i cant remember of hand. it may still be programed in the system. if you don't have it then I'm afraid you will need an engineer to sort it. he will have to default the codes and reprogram them.

edited due to codes being quoted in above post.i know it was the default code but codes are not to be put on here its the public area. just thought i would get this in before you start jumping up and down

Guest anguscanplay
norich union i think the former tenant had norich union insurance along with the alarm :rolleyes:

honestly its a simple call for an engineer , what do you think is a ridiculess amount ?

Guest anguscanplay
are you sure you don't have the master code? I'm guessing when you enter your code it still says master reset required or something similar. do you have a user manual? the default master code will be in it,i cant remember of hand. it may still be programed in the system. if you don't have it then I'm afraid you will need an engineer to sort it. he will have to default the codes and reprogram them.

not even that mate , it just needs the tampers refitting and turning on and off

Guest anguscanplay
sos i am my husbands carer as he is disabled dont really have 70 or 80 pounds to spare for an engineer thats why im trying to get help on here :)

did you remove them totaly or did you just remove the lids and the back plates from the walls ? if the latter just refit them so they are sat correctly like arfur said and then turn the alarm on and off to reset

if you did the former and or havnt got any codes then its an engineer job - no other way round it im afraid

Archived