Security Installer Community

Power Adapter Consumption In Your Home.

jptaylor

Seen on another forum,the poster has a point. How many adapters do you have plugged in 24/7-the DECT phone charger,mobile charger,modem,baby monitor,laptop etc etc. How much do they contribute to the electricity bill.Even not attached there must be some quiescent draw if switched on though not connected.

is it quite a high current usage then alan

regs

colin

the ratings plate on the PSU states -:

200-240 @ 2.7amps

Output 203 Watts

12 @ 16.5 amps

5v @ 1 amp

who needs central weating with one of these plugged in?

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
the ratings plate on the PSU states -:

200-240 @ 2.7amps

Output 203 Watts

12 @ 16.5 amps

5v @ 1 amp

who needs central weating with one of these plugged in?

regs

alan

Remember that the above ratings are Maximum values available on full load.

If there is no load then the losses in the primary winding ( if its a transformer type supply ) are limited to the< I squared R> losses of the primary plus a little bit for hysteresis ( causes heat ). A switch mode supply however can be a lot more "lossy" up to 50 % of normal useage when NOT being used...

Remember that the above ratings are Maximum values available on full load.

If there is no load then the losses in the primary winding ( if its a transformer type supply ) are limited to the< I squared R> losses of the primary plus a little bit for hysteresis ( causes heat ). A switch mode supply however can be a lot more "lossy" up to 50 % of normal useage when NOT being used...

Love the "lot more lossy." Mind if I use that one? :lol:

I went up into the attic...I found a Stradavarius & a Picasso. Unfortunately.....

Stradavarius couldn't paint, and Picasso made a shocking fiddle.

My Facebook page...http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=1279556853&ref=name

• 2 months later...
http://www.electricity-monitor.com/shopping_cart.php

Saw this in use at a customers house today,interesting bit of kit.

Pardon? Care to try again with a link that works for other people please?

As an aside, the heat generated saves on your central heating. Given we still use a fair bit of nuclear power for electricity generation this may actually be a "good thing" for global warming! - Discuss. :whistle:

Isn't life a bit short to be worrying about all this "domesitic" non ozone friendly tosh??

Its already been proven that if the world was to turn off the lights and cease doing anything detrimental tomorrow the planet would still warm up for the next century cos its a cyclical even that is going to happen whether we like it or not.

:ranting:

Archived