Security Installer Community

Galaxy System Problems

Hope someone can help

I have a Galaxy alarm system installed and the internal sounder keeps going off (about 14 times in last 20 minutes) without the alarm being set and the panel reads "0004 + AUX TAMP"

I dont have a zone 0004 so I dont know where to look to try to sort this out.

Could be a pretty sleepless night tonight !!

cheers

Andy

Hope someone can help

I have a Galaxy alarm system installed and the internal sounder keeps going off (about 14 times in last 20 minutes) without the alarm being set and the panel reads "0004 + AUX TAMP"

I dont have a zone 0004 so I dont know where to look to try to sort this out.

Could be a pretty sleepless night tonight !!

cheers

Andy

Hi Andy, are you a DIY'er/homeowner or "in the trade" in some way?

As you will see if you search around here the Galaxy is most definitely seen as a professional-only unit.....

So if you're in the first category you'll almost certainly need to call someone out.

Sounds like a bell tamper problem, possibly due to the sudden heat today. Does the external sounder sound at all when this happens? It may only be sounding for a couple of seconds at a time, but that's long enough for it to register at the panel.

Trade Member

Guest Dave the alarm man
but if its a spider in one of the PIR's for instance, I would rather deal with it myself

zone you don't have? :unsure:

"0004 + AUX TAMP"

Is an anti tamper switch connected to ..?.. whatever the person who installed the alarm connected to this part of the control equipment, could be almost anything.

Have you been 'playing' with your carpets, knocking down a wall, removing ivy from around your alarm box, hunting in the loft/cellar for something?

You get the idea, think back to what you were doing when it first happened, where were you in the house, what were you touching / doing?

Failing the above not being of much help, and even if it is, I strongly suggest you get an engineer.

One thing, with that indication showing at the keypad it's not going to be one of your pirs.

Good luck

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

aux tamper on control unit has occurred, nothing else. did you open something you shouldn't have?

its mostly the external sounder tamper that is wired into the AUX tamper. if the lid from the outside sounder is removed, cable to it nicked or cut this can happen. sometimes the little switch inside the sounder is very close to opening and over time vibration or strong wind can be enough to open the circuit.

if you have cause it to open, you may be able to reverse what you have done but getting up the ladder and dealing with this problem can be a dangerous and very confusing job. keep checking this topic and you will get more ideas in the mean time.

I think you have hit the nail on the head with this one. If the control box lid is opened, I get 0003 LID TAMP O/C so there's a good chance one of the bell boxes could be 0004. I will call someone out now we have a good idea of what it might be.

Thanks to everyone for their help

cheers

Andy

Archived