Security Installer Community

Ds2 + Dm2050

i have a ds2 ( older version not newest) and 2 x 2050 domes and a kbs3 keyboard. i have powered up with both cams in turn to try both but cannot get any control over cam at all!. i have looked at settings in menu and tried allsorts. i have no manuals for these but thought it was more of a plug n play.

cams do there auto setup and ds2 says setting servo's and setting are "serial telemetry type" HAD THIS SET ON ALL TYPES TO TRY but am trying to get it down coax BUT IS THIS OPTION THROUGH SERIAL PORT ONE WITH AN ADAPTOR AND A TWISTED PAIR TO A TELEMETRY RECEIVER???

have got power and a pic but as said, no control! telemetry protocol is... preset 01, module 01, contact 01, input N/C but it comes up with no module found. can anybody help? steve newcastle **************

Please dont request help off the forums, the idea of the forum is to discuss your problems on them.

i have a ds2 ( older version not newest) and 2 x 2050 domes and a kbs3 keyboard. i have powered up with both cams in turn to try both but cannot get any control over cam at all!. i have looked at settings in menu and tried allsorts. i have no manuals for these but thought it was more of a plug n play.

cams do there auto setup and ds2 says setting servo's and setting are "serial telemetry type" HAD THIS SET ON ALL TYPES TO TRY but am trying to get it down coax BUT IS THIS OPTION THROUGH SERIAL PORT ONE WITH AN ADAPTOR AND A TWISTED PAIR TO A TELEMETRY RECEIVER???

have got power and a pic but as said, no control! telemetry protocol is... preset 01, module 01, contact 01, input N/C but it comes up with no module found. can anybody help? steve newcastle **************

Your best bet would be to contact DM Support on 0845 600 9502 as I suspect this isn't the best place to ask loads of questions about how your heads are addressed and what-not.

Phil

--

psumner@dmicros.com

Manufacturer

Steve,

Unless you have a coax to 485 converter local to the head this will not work in 'up the coax' mode, the standard 2050 out of the box will work as a serial telemetry only, also the older DS2 does not support support telemetry for this model, however, you can use an interface from BBV (building block video).

When setting up, make sure you set different addresses to each head using the yellow & blue switches.

As said the dm won't support the domes, and again as above using convertor for the coax to 485 convertor, or just run a twisted pair from the dm unit to the domes for your telemetry and avoid the convertor. However you'll need the bbv to convert the telemetry from the domes and the dm to make them talk to each other.... I take it that you didn't buy this kit for the job as a "set" or is it kit from 2 different sites or something??? Anyway.... the dm will put the data out on the serial port which is designed to work on twisted pair to the domes, the domes need to be addressed as 1 for dome 1 which will need to have the coax into camera 1 on the dm, dome 2 set to 2 and coax into camera 2 on the dm and such like. Without the coax to 485 convertor you won't get any telemetry to the domes or a twisted pair will need to be run from the dm to each dome, you can daisy chain the at the dm or if your going to have to get bbv convertor (star dirver with telemetry protocol convertor) then no need to daisy chain them.

Give dm a call and tell them what you've got and what you want to achive, also bbv are very helpfull.... say hi to Helgar for me when she answers the phone. Don't bin it just yet but early kit will only work with certain protocols so your going to have to buy some kit to make it all talk to each other. If you can find my number or want to pm me if your really unsure about setting everything up that's cool but normally flat out in the day time at the best of times but everyone who I work with including myself fit dm on a day to day basis.

CCTV Intruder Access Control

Tony Hughes, Proprietor,

TRADE MEMBER

Archived