Security Installer Community

Cctv Systems With Modulators

justin

Can anybody advise me. In most of my domestic cctv installations i would normally fit an RF modulator and connect to customers existing tv distribution system. I still supply a dedicated monitor and normally network the DVR locally and remotely if required.

Although you don't get a good true quallity via the modulator i still think it's a very good benifit for the customer.

My querry is that in the not to distant future most TV's will not support a analogue connection.

Is there any modulator available as yet to convert a cctv video 1v p-p to a digital signal for use with a digital only TV distribution system?

Can anybody advise me. In most of my domestic cctv installations i would normally fit an RF modulator and connect to customers existing tv distribution system. I still supply a dedicated monitor and normally network the DVR locally and remotely if required.

Although you don't get a good true quallity via the modulator i still think it's a very good benifit for the customer.

My querry is that in the not to distant future most TV's will not support a analogue connection.

Is there any modulator available as yet to convert a cctv video 1v p-p to a digital signal for use with a digital only TV distribution system?

hi justin,

i too run the CCTv into the terrestrial system so any Tv can 'see' it.

i noticed most HD Tv's have VGA inputs for computers, and you can get VGA distributors, you can also get composite signal to VGA converter's.

i think it will mean in time running leads to each of the Tv's needied for viewing rather than a central feed to a modulator as the UHF socket disappears completely, but by that time i'll be to old to worry about it :P

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Like Alan said the majority of new LCD/Plasmas have VGA inputs, so a composite to VGA converter can be used

( http://dynamic-cctv.com/PDF%20files/vgaconvertor.pdf ) However if the distance between the DVR and screen is over 10m you can begin to suffer video loss, and to be honest trying to conceal a VGA cable in someone

Archived