Security Installer Community

Pyronix Thing

tinnitus

needs rewiring then? how you gonna pass the service?

also, those paragon things should be smashed with a lump hammer on sight.

how do you mean pass the service?

it may well get smahed up when i go back. total night mare. infact the entire day was a nightmare.

Guest anguscanplay
i had the chime problem too. i used the bell triger to trip the dialler not power it. i thought i had blown it too but when i removed it the little L.E.D. lit up on the panel and it still triggered the dialer. i couldnt see any other outputs anyway.

thanks again.

power em all from the same bell treminals then otherwise there may be bridging between the neutral and the false positive at the trigger terminal pulling the power down - especially if the light went off then came back on when you dissed

better still put your cuppa on top then spill it " accidentaly "

it may well get smahed up when i go back. total night mare. infact the entire day was a nightmare.

you get a day to do this job ?

i mean it fails one the wiring connections, don't your firm have standards that the system has to meet, and if they fail must be corrected before a contract will be put in place?

we would re-wire or no contract, callout only.

power em all from the same bell treminals then otherwise there may be bridging between the neutral and the false positive at the trigger terminal pulling the power down - especially if the light went off then came back on when you dissed

better still put your cuppa on top then spill it " accidentaly "

you get a day to do this job ?

2 hours angus, including running a cable to another room via the loft (floored) to reach the phone line. move a pir from 1 corner to another, refix another pir. test it all program the dialler and show the customer how to use it. it taken 4 hours. i had to 1st fix another job in the morning, only 3 zones, rkp and sasu, only timber frame and breaze block, 2 hours.

the day was a nightmare because i had a low on power meter and have left my staple gun at another job. after running out of 4.5mm clips i tried to hammer in staples, holding it with my long nose pliers, purely out of desperation. found some more clips in the boot.

i mean it fails one the wiring connections, don't your firm have standards that the system has to meet, and if they fail must be corrected before a contract will be put in place?

we would re-wire or no contract, callout only.

its a little domestic takeover, surveyors don't always get there hands dirty and we don't refuse money. we set standards but diy'ers mostly don't have any. Customers don't always have the foresight to pay for a new system, they seem to like to pay a few call outs on an old system then pay for a new one. its not how we choose to do things, but then again we never, ever install crappy little panels.

would you refuse the job?

its a little domestic takeover, surveyors don't always get there hands dirty and we don't refuse money. we set standards but diy'ers mostly don't have any. Customers don't always have the foresight to pay for a new system, they seem to like to pay a few call outs on an old system then pay for a new one. its not how we choose to do things, but then again we never, ever install crappy little panels.

would you refuse the job?

Yes, and have.

not being daft just how we do things. and we arn't ott on the odd slip up on a takeover. but a full system wired in BT and a paragon[worst ever domestic panel IMO]

And i bet theres alot more wrong, spur? SAB? Tamper?

Yes, and have.

not being daft just how we do things. and we arn't ott on the odd slip up on a takeover. but a full system wired in BT and a paragon[worst ever domestic panel IMO]

And i bet theres alot more wrong, spur? SAB? Tamper?

strangely the spur was fine, global tamper linked out but one of the pir's i had to refix had its lid open a bit. i did short out the sasu tamper just to see if it was causing the sasu problem. its funny, the installer made an effort to hide the cables and sited the devices well but why use such cack equipement and cable?

strangely the spur was fine, global tamper linked out but one of the pir's i had to refix had its lid open a bit. i did short out the sasu tamper just to see if it was causing the sasu problem. its funny, the installer made an effort to hide the cables and sited the devices well but why use such cack equipement and cable?

SPARKY

Archived